UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best Marvel Minimate

Any of the movie Black Widows for me. Each one gets better and I love the character. :wub:

Wave 28 Deadpool

He's my #2.

Any of the Doctor Strange Minimates. While the first was iconic, the second gave us some great accessories.

Tough question. My favourite box-sets are the Dark Avengers ones, but I can't single one out, since in my mind I only see them as a team. If I had to choose a best one though, I'd go with either Wave 50 Ghost Rider, Heralds Galactus or Kang. They are just so much fun to play with and they look like they jumped right out of a comic.

fig1634flg.jpgfig1363flg.jpgfig1484flg.jpg

(ALL HAIL IVAN!)

Edited by Kostisfire

I can do a Top 5:

Kang (Disney Avengers boxed set #1) was my most wanted since they started making Minimates. Quite a bit like Dr. Doom and Magneto, he's a guy you love to hate and sometimes displays partially noble morals.

One of my favorite characters from childhood has been Daredevil when I was playing with my Secret Wars action figure and reading my Dad's original DD issues from the 1960's. The figure from series 43 is sleek and perfectly executed.

Another childhood favorite due to my Dad's issues of "Tales of Astonish" that he gave me is the Sub-Mariner. This is one from the Invaders boxed set is one that I wouldn't ever mind being re-released for people who never got this figure. Again, sleek, colorful and simple. Too bad he didn't come with a trident or the Horn of Proteus.

Up until this version of Spider-Man came out, my favorite was the original Series 1 version but I like that this one has the classic Ditko spider emblem. This one is tied with the Amazing Fantasy version (series 19). Slick, simple with ALL the web lines they should have and they have the web "belt" on the crotch piece and not the torso (series 1).

The TRU series 15 is the perfect version of the Thing, where we finally got the updated hands that we'd been promised twice previously on prototype images. Plus, it's easy to swap out the crotch piece for a blue/black one for a classic look. I love the facial expression on this one. Captures blue eye Benjy perfectly.

Real close runners up are "Strange Tales" Dr. Strange, TRU 15 "Nova Flame" Human Torch, MvC Dr. Doom, wave 54 Captain America and classic Heroic Age Iron Man.

post-133-0-46065000-1430473698_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-87744500-1430473706_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-08822000-1430473717_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-69072800-1430473725_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-07605400-1430473736_thumb.jpg

post-133-0-60456700-1430473744_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mystery Man

Man, that's tough. My heart wants to go with a Wolverine (my favorite all-time Marvel guy), but the perfect brown Wolverine is still waiting to be made. In general, I think the very vibrant, and iconic, traditional looks of major characters make for the best Minimates. And in that respect, you can't hardly beat this:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=1069&n=Captain+America

Though I also love the recent Daredevil updates, a few Spider-Men, Defenders Strange, and First Appearance Ant-Man. And I'm talking "best" here, not necessarily my favorite.

Edited by karamazov80

For me it´s Suspended Animation Captain America. First of all, beacuse it came if the kind of accessory you don´t see in any other action figure collection, the ice block. Second, because it´s represents an iconic an important moment of the character without been so specific, it´s still works perfectly as a "battle damaged" cap or a "blow-out disguise" cap.

We have a lot of other Caps, Wolvies, Spideys or Deadpools in EVERY toyline, but for me, this Cap is the more unique figure we can have in the minimate line. When someone asks me why I prefer Minimates instead other toylines, this Cap is always the figure I took as example as the potencial the line has (in terms of look, comic books visual and accessories/extras)

fig1057f3lg.jpg

fig1057f2lg.jpg

Edited by Gregio

I somewhat agree with this. I think I would have picked what I thought was the best standalone mate overall, but I totes agree about the idea that minimates can represent other cool things not covered in other lines. Back in the day I didn't much like the movie figs, but I absolutely loved and still display the symbiote takeover Parker and Brock from Spiderman 3. Only there for a moment but that moment was captured quite exquisitely.

http://minimatedatabase.com/img/fig/fig0488flg.jpg

http://minimatedatabase.com/img/fig/fig0487flg.jpg

Edited by arnim zola

I love this kind of "feature" that only this kind of line can bring to us. The symbiote piece is really cool!

I like all the "transformation" hulks too.

Other of my favorites are the Red Skull from series 25 and Baron Strucker, both with alternate comic-accurate looks.