UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

X-Men: Apocalypse

karamazov80

I have ZERO expectations for this movie. I want to watch it and be pleasantly surprised, like with the last two

This is the safe way to be. That approach really did work for the last two films.... so i'm going to try very hard not to get excited about this (even though the footage shown did just get my heart racing).

I've definitely got moderately high expectations. Singer at the helm, the core cast from DOFP and First Class--both excellent comic book movies. I'll be disappointed if this is not very good.

Well this is the only one where I've got some real expectations, but I think they are rational expectations. This isn't the first rodeo for these guys in this kind of story. But Ayer hasn't handled this kind of material before, and we're seeing a gamble with Joker and Harley. Snyder failed in his first attempt, but has some more accomplished talent around him in the writer from Argo and Affleck probably co-directing his own scenes. And Deadpool--??? Those could all go either way. But it's not like it matters anyway. Try though we may, we can't force ourselves to manage expectations. Any movie we'll see will be critiqued through one lens or another, based on expectations of what it should and shouldn't be.

Edited by karamazov80

Hmmmmm.... interesting. Old Man Logan relied pretty damn heavily on the rest of the MU.
You could obviously replace Mysterio with someone like Mastermind.... but there are a LOT of other characters that are going to be harder to pull off a mutant switch with.

From the footage we were shown, Deadpool is amazing and everything I want, Apocalypse is sorta up in the air, I really enjoyed DOFP but I did not think it was a good X-men film, hopefully this one will be, the trailer excites me but 90% because of the character reveals

Spoilerish talk:

1. Apocalypse looks legit, cant tell if he has the mouth paint tho, definitely still looks like Apocalypse, though not quite as big

2. Horseman ARE Magneto, Psylocke, Archangel and Storm, they even get special costumes (but may not be in control of their actions)

3. Nightcrawler looks good

4. So does Psylocke

5. Please stop using this version of Mystique...please..

Hmmmmm.... interesting. Old Man Logan relied pretty damn heavily on the rest of the MU.

You could obviously replace Mysterio with someone like Mastermind.... but there are a LOT of other characters that are going to be harder to pull off a mutant switch with.

I see a few that could work.

Replace Hulk with either Sabertooth or Blob. Or a teamup of the two.

Hawkeye could be replaced by Gambit.

Replace Red Skull with Mr. Sinister.

Anyone else crucial that Fox doesn't have?

So - a family of Blobs? That does sound pretty upsetting.
Spider-girl/woman... and the Symbiote T-Rex spring to mind. Not totally essential to the story, but damn it would be fun to see that T-Rex on film.

So - a family of Blobs? That does sound pretty upsetting.

Spider-girl/woman... and the Symbiote T-Rex spring to mind. Not totally essential to the story, but damn it would be fun to see that T-Rex on film.

Well Spider-Girl could be Rachel Summers instead. Going by Marvel Girl. And instead of a symbiote t-Rex what about a Sentinel T-Rex. Robot tyrannosaurus doing robot tyrannosaurus things.

Same here man XD I dislike Jennifer Lawrence and her fat face and unevenly sized parts. I would like Rebecca back too.

I'm really sick of Jennifer Lawrence and her increasingly fatter face. Eventually it will grow into the size of the moon.

Can we get Rebecca Romijn back?

Sansa Grey looks nice.

How much you bet Wolverine's role in this movie is Horseman?

Apparently Wolverine won't be in AOA or he just won't have a big role...

I see a few that could work.

Replace Hulk with either Sabertooth or Blob. Or a teamup of the two.

Hawkeye could be replaced by Gambit.

Replace Red Skull with Mr. Sinister.

Anyone else crucial that Fox doesn't have?

This is blasphemous...

Old man Logan is easily my favorite story arc, and all the aforementioned would ruin this classic tale, the original story was so classic, and these proposed changes are just the start...

I would miss mechanic ultron, venomous T. Rex, and who could forget spider bitch.

No sir, I don't like gambit filling in, especially if it's Tatum...

Hugh Jackman commented on wolverine 3

"Three words. Old Man Logan."

What did I tell you people?

This is a fine way not only for Jackman to bow out of the franchise but for Fox to use up the last, best Logan story from comics before rights go back to Marvel someday.

Time for X-23 to step up to the plate.

This would be a nice ender for jackman

Just thought i'd mention that a while back Patrick Stewart mentioned he was in talks to be a part of the next Wolverine film as a companion to Logan

maybe he will be filling the role of Old-Man Hawkeye