UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Suicide Squad movie (and general Leto Joker related discussion)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Will Smith get a hand double for the mask shot as they are different colour then normally

Deadshot with mask looks good. so does Katana. I actually like Boomerang. Harley I want to see more of as I'm guessing she will change through the movie. Croc needs to be a different shade as he reminds me of the turd creature in weird science.

The others I actually dont know from the comics so cant say much about them.

I think the Will Smith color thing is just due to lighting. In one, the lighting is desaturated to make him darker than uusual. In the other, the light is so bright that he looks lighter than usual.

More pics of the SS group have made their way online, and the more i see of Croc the worse it gets, he suffers from what i call the Star Trek alien flaw, its when "Aliens" are just guys in the normal Human uniform or clothing with a giant mask and set of hands sticking out, firstly there is no way they could get dressed as their heads and hands could never fit through the sleeves or neck holes. More importantly asthetically it just looks wrong, you need it balanced out more with a bigger body and larger feet to support that head and body.

Something about all of the character designs seem off. Cheap even. The only one I really like it Katana. Harley reeks of a Hot Topic clearance sale. Deadshot looks like he is off to play paintball, and takes it too seriously. Croc makes me think there will be a version of this scene in the movie. So far there is nothing shown that is compelling me to be excited for this movie. I completely expect it to be terrible.

I'm confused? How does any of this looking "cheap" mean it's bad? They are criminals forced to go on suicide missions with bombs implanted in their brains no? El Diablo looks like a tattoo covered cholo which is exactly what he is. killer Croc looks like mob muscle with a bad skin condition, (croc ain't sposed to be pretty, there's a reason he was forced into the sewers). Harvey looks like a psycho fan girl, Katana has her signature mask and sword which I'm assuming waller let her keep, everything is probably improvised. Boomerang looks like he's trying so hard to be the shit, and his duct tape knife holder makes it lovely. Full of personality. Slipknot and deadshot seem to be the most armed so I'm guessing their senior members or wallers more trusted agents, deadshot looks like a military merc, stuff looks personalized but not to the point of super villain insanity, love the scripture on his collar. Lastly Flagg looks very basic and enchantress looks freaky.

To me all these looks scream individuality and insanity, which is what I want from the squad. Not sure what everyone expected, but this works for me

I'm happiest with Killer Croc. He's supposed to be a big guy with a skin condition, not a miniature Godzilla. Had they done the latter people would be bitching that he looks like the Lizard, totally ignoring the fact that when ASM's Lizard look was revealed that people bitched that he looked liek Killer Croc. You can't please everyone but in this case it's most important to please me. This is close to the Lee Bermejo look I was hoping for so good job, WB.

Harley Quinn has never done anything for me. I wish she'd been relegated to cartoons because she's also strayed too far from her original design. That said, if Margot Robbie can do for her what Heath Ledger did for the Joker, I don't really care what she's wearing.

I'm surprised how authentic Deadshot's mask is to the comics with the noticeable exception of his eyepiece being on his left instead of his right.

Katana is creepy awesome. Can't wait to see her in action.

The rest are unrecognizable to me. I'm either unfamiliar with the characters or they're radically different from their comic book incarnations.

Deadshot, Katana, Harley, and Boomerang all look great to me. The others slightly less so, but still good. I'm sold on this. Great casting, good looking costumes. This'll be fun for me. Full admission, as someone who's always preferred DC to Marvel, I'm a bit biased.

I've been thinking about how I feel about these outfits since the shot came out so I thought I'd put my thoughts here.

Slipknot - I don't know the character at all, but it's an interesting enough design

Boomerang - I really like it. Not a big fan of Jai but thought he was good in Unbroken, he's good when he's got other people to play off. I like the homemade aesthetic of it, glad they kept the beanie from more recent outfits.

Katana - love it. Matches the only design I'm really familiar with which undead pool posted above.

Enchantress - really love it. Interesting and creepy, makes me want to learn more about her. Plus Cara is a seriously good actress.

Rick Flagg - I guess we couldn't really expect anything different.

Harley - seriously unsure. Love the top half, hate the bottom. At least could have given her some jeans or leggings or something.

Robbie is gonna do great in the part and it's good to see the character coming out already. I really like that jacket. I expect she'll have more than one look in the movie so I'm not too worried.

Dead shot - I'm impressed, mostly, if the eyesight was on the right side this would be perfect for me. Can anybody tell what it says on his gun? That caught my interest

Croc - like it. Make up looks good and it makes sense for him to layer up.

El Diablo - interesting. I don't know the character but I like this look. The skull painted on the face will always be a cool look to me.

Is it possible to change the title to be more specific?

Some pretty telling comments there. They are a "brotherhood" or "family" of sorts, suggesting it might not be a Dirty Dozen or Wild Bunch situation where some members are just looking for an excuse to off the other guys. And they are bad guys coming together to do a good thing. So, presumably the mission orchestrated by Waller et al. won't be to install some puppet regime somewhere or whatever.

• 1 year later...

I just hope it's fun. I've read a couple of the reviews where they say the overall story is weak and predictable but at this point I expect that from DC. I just want it to be fun especially for my daughter who is excited to see it. BvS was ZERO fun. Ok, maybe more like 1-3% fun for the cool Batman costume, batmobile and few seconds of Wonder Woman fighting; but overall the whole thing was so darn unnecessarily depressing. They have promoted "Suicide Squad" much the same way as "Guardians of the Galaxy" so we kind-of expect this to be the fun quirky DC film like GotG was for Marvel. Hopefully they can deliver the laughs:Dunno:

Yeah, I like the darker tone of that one.  Very different from the upbeat later trailers.  Careful how you sell these things.  I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie this weekend.  I tend not to trust reviewers much these days.