UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Suicide Squad movie (and general Leto Joker related discussion)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the teeth were knocked out in a fight with batman, and that's why they are metal here, ok. I read he's supposed to be in prison in the movie doing push ups in his cell, but then causes a big breakout. So I came imagine him being shirtless for too long.

I'll give it a chance.

Edited by arnim zola

LOL Yeah, I can hear this playing when he shows up on screen.

I don't love it, but it's not among my primary concerns with the WB's current approach to the DC Universe. I actually think Suicide Squad could be a pretty excellent movie.

I do too, the fact that we are even getting a new dccu joker so early is cool. Let them keep shoe horning villains into the movie that we would have to wait decades to see otherwise.

Maybe the eventual solo Affleck bat movie with take place earlier in his career than dawn of justice and we can see this joker and someone new, like clayface or black mask too.

I actually quite like this. It's a bit too on the nose but good for them for trying something a bit different. Plus Leto is an excellent actor so I have no doubts that he'll bring something fun to the role.

Mostly I'm just thankful at how bright this picture is, hopefully suggestive of the tone of the actual movie

The tattoos look a bit too good to me. Would be creepier if they looked self-done. Like he got bored in his cell and started writing 'hahaha' over and over.

I actually prefer this to self-made tattoos. That would scream too strongly "Ledger Joker."

I was just watching Manson playing an inmate on Sons of Anarchy this morning and was wondering if Leto was a fan.

I don't think prison tattoos make sense since Joker belongs in an asylum where such ink is prohibited.

And I really dislike the lack of eyebrows. That's gonna make it more challenging to emote.

The tattoos are too contrived. They're extremely cliche and seem more like weird fan service than something creative. I'm not a huge DC fan but it just seems like the last thing Joker would do is calmly sit down and let someone tattoo him. I don't know though! Just some observations.

Have they never heard the phrase Clown Prince of Crime? If they were making a Batman Beyond movie and this was the leader of a joker gang, I would not have any problem with that, but as just The Joker, it kind of sucks.

This

The tattoos are too contrived. They're extremely cliche and seem more like weird fan service than something creative. I'm not a huge DC fan but it just seems like the last thing Joker would do is calmly sit down and let someone tattoo him. I don't know though! Just some observations.

And this

Almost everyone is saying the Tattoos are promotional, I like Leto-Joker regardless

also since this seems to be the only Suicide Squad thread, watcha think of the official team/Deadshot reveal?

Oyj6fEv.jpg

Picture above from left to right are Slipknot, Boomerang, Katana (kneeling), Enchantress, Rick Flagg, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Killer Croc and El Diablo

FiB9VG3.jpg

Personally, Im sold

Edited by undeadpool

I think it suits the vibe they are going for with this film, but the only figure I would really consider at this point is Deadshot with mask. On Sideshow Freaks people are fawning over Boomerang left and right, though I don't see what's so special about him personally. Jeans, track jacket of some kind, and Bane jacket?