UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on here, basically since Minimates aren't really pumping out new product all that often, they've kinda slipped my mind or been on the back burner of my collecting habits.

But I gotta say that I'm really excited to be getting 90s X-Men Mates! I actually recently had a dream that I found them as well as Mates based on Wolverine and the X-Men. First time I can recall dreaming about toys, but it was good stuff! X-Men has had a lot of quality cartoons over the years, I'd love Minimates based on all of them. (Specifically Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men would be great) Curious to see if that's the direction DST goes in moving forward because to my knowledge, there are no ongoing Marvel cartoons?

Anyway! Hope all is well with everyone ?

Edited by PrinceCuseCuse

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/8/2020 at 2:51 AM, PrinceCuseCuse said:

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've posted on here, basically since Minimates aren't really pumping out new product all that often, they've kinda slipped my mind or been on the back burner of my collecting habits.

But I gotta say that I'm really excited to be getting 90s X-Men Mates! I actually recently had a dream that I found them as well as Mates based on Wolverine and the X-Men. First time I can recall dreaming about toys, but it was good stuff! X-Men has had a lot of quality cartoons over the years, I'd love Minimates based on all of them. (Specifically Evolution and Wolverine and the X-Men would be great) Curious to see if that's the direction DST goes in moving forward because to my knowledge, there are no ongoing Marvel cartoons?

Anyway! Hope all is well with everyone ?

word.

DST's Jean Grey animated statue ships this week (i believe) so the products will start coming.  question is when and if i'll find them.  i seem to have no problem with the movie walgreens lines but the animated ones are spotty.  

52 minutes ago, spidermatt said:

Hi, so have any new minimate sets like the stealth iron man or the xmen come out yet? Has walgreens gotten any new mates yet? I have not checked the stores in quite a while.

No. Also I think Stealth Ironman is in a specialty wave, not Walgreens 

In roughly 2 weeks it will have been a year since Wave 11 was first found in-store and I have not seen a single pack in person in a Walgreens. 

An entire year.

Before that, it was 14 months before metro Detroit got wave 9 after they were first found in-store.

These distribution issues are killing any interest I have in these Walgreens waves.

On 8/20/2020 at 10:20 PM, DSTZach said:

I thought I did, let me check on when they are releasing. I may not get a concrete date, as they work through inventory as they need it, and I'm sure the flow of product has slowed a bit.

man, i check a lot of minimate sites daily and i've never seen the x-men animated anywhere.  color me curious as well!  

as for the distribution.....i live in one of the biggest cities in the US.  the movie waves i seem to find no problem but the animated ones i've been using either ebay or the goodness of fellow collectors to help me out.  the wave that had kraven seems to have been skipped completely here but i was able to find the ghost rider/dr strange wave.  but the venomized i found no issue.  not sure how this works.  i consider us lucky to have minimates to hunt so i'm not complaining but i will agree the distribution on these is weird.

hope you and your family are all well.  can't believe its been almost five months since the black widow mates popped up.  i think those were the last walgreens ones, right?

42 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

If it wasn't for the kindness of collectors, I probably wouldn't have half the Walgreens Minimates. I know they want inventory to drive traffic to brick & mortar locations but I wish they'd offer them online with a free ship-to-store option. 

I agree. I mostly see animated 'mates but nearly never see movie figures in my local stores, and there are 3 in my immediate vicinity! 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

If it wasn't for the kindness of collectors, I probably wouldn't have half the Walgreens Minimates. I know they want inventory to drive traffic to brick & mortar locations but I wish they'd offer them online with a free ship-to-store option. 

What you said .

I've been really lucky with the Walgreens stuff & my benefactor has been magnificent . I have all the WG waves but 'out of pure habit' I still scan US eBay every day & I can confirm that WG Minimate listings are sparse ....very sparse .

This year I might blame COVID-19 but as YB pointed out, this has been going on long before the outbreak. #FirstWorldProblems

If they're no showing up on eBay then they're either not getting from the distribution centers to the store or we're talking about an assortment that's much smaller than usual. I was hoping quantities would grow with the acquisition of Rite Aid.

I used to live in the Walgreens promised land with a hunting ground of almost 30 different stores without too much of an inconvenience. Hell I use to pass three on my way to the subway from my apartment. Now there are only 3 in my area that carry figures at all. Granted I haven't been out to the full hunting grounds because of Covid but still it is disappointing. Walgreens use to be reasonable when they had a base of operations in NYC but now that they moved all of ops to the Midwest it's tough to even email them to ask for them to carry online. It is brutal. I really hope that this gets solved because I would hate after years of begging and that we  FINALLY get the Animated X-Men as mates for them to die on the vine.

I’m just going to throw this out there, and I know I am very late to the ask, but if anyone hunting mates at Walgreens happens to see a Stepford Cuckoo Legends figure (or 2), please get it for me. I got one and thought I would be able to find more, but I think 2 new figures have dropped since.

And I have more seen new Animates in a long time. And most of my Walgreens are sitting on 12+ packs of old stuff at full price. There are only so many I can afford to help clear stuff along.

• 2 weeks later...