UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

Thwip hands for Spy-D! Very nice. Does he come with standard hands, too?

I know for sure he comes with standard hands, I saw a packaged shot, but I am NOT sure if he comes with two thwip hands. I would assume so, but apologies if something changed between art and production.

• 4 weeks later...

Hit every Walgreens in town today trying to find Wave 10 Ghost Rider set, but to no avail. The new Black Widow movie mates are everywhere and a hodgepodge of other stuff, but I've never found the Spot wave or much of 6, 7 and 8. It's frustrating.

8 hours ago, SCW said:

Hit every Walgreens in town today trying to find Wave 10 Ghost Rider set, but to no avail. The new Black Widow movie mates are everywhere and a hodgepodge of other stuff, but I've never found the Spot wave or much of 6, 7 and 8. It's frustrating.

i'm old and forgetful, but i think the spot wave was only online.  as for the later animated waves, yeah, Houston seems to get them last but i have seen the ghost rider wave probably more than previous waves.  last time i saw it though someone had stolen the ghost rider.  made me wonder if that was a good thing or a bad thing that someone wants a minimate enough to steal it.  i went with ultimately wrong b/c they're denying the chance for someone who would pay for it to get it.

Spot wave was not in stores, it was only online. Spot/Iron Spider, Madame Masque/Holo Tony, and NOW Cyke/Rogue were the rescued TRU assortment, and were the only ones offered in that format. 

FWIW, and I forget who's in what assortment with the animated stuff, but Luke has a fair number of animated MM, many for less than retail. Not the Spot wave, which I went there to check for, but he has Ghost RIder/Strange and Crimson Widow/Dracula, plus most of Series 6 and one from Series 8.

https://www.lukestoystore.com/Marvel-Minimates-from-TRU-and-Walgreens_c_41-1-4.html

Edited by DSTZach

Ah well that makes sense why I never saw them! D'oh! I must have missed that somehow. At least I can stop looking for Spot now, lol. I've never had any luck finding Minimates on Walgreens website, so I'm sure I never bothered to look.

I saw Luke had decent-ish deals on some. I still like the idea of actually being able to go into a Walgreens and finding them, though. Maybe I'll hold out a little longer for the Ghost Rider, there was such a mix of figures it's certainly possible one may show up otherwise I guess it's secondary market.

6 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

one of my local walgreens has a bunch of Spot/Iron Spider, and Madame Masque/Holo Tony packs for some reason ??????

I’d imagine in store returns of online purchases but it’s 2020 so who knows. 

i hadn't gone to a walgreens since this started.  i ended up buying all the new figures (latest animated wave/black widow movie mates) off ebay for decent prices.  

went yesterday and went ahead and picked up another black widow set but nothing newer than that.  i'm not sure we had a date on the iron man/ghost/spidey/prowler set but they sure look nice!

• 1 month later...

It would never happen, but I would love to see these costumes get the minimates treatment. https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/link-tank-why-watch-x-men-evolution/?amp the show was great but I remember it struggled to move product. Or maybe that was just my perception. 

54 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

It would never happen, but I would love to see these costumes get the minimates treatment. https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/link-tank-why-watch-x-men-evolution/?amp the show was great but I remember it struggled to move product. Or maybe that was just my perception. 

HA!  only product i bought from this series was the captain america statue!  it came out at a time i didn't really watch much tv so that's why i have no attachment to it.

6 hours ago, edmo said:

Will wave 81 be available at walgreens?

No. So waves with high numbers are typically for local comic stores or your preferred online retailer. I personally love Luke’s Toy Store. Anything that is a movie ir cartoon typically is what you will find at Walgreens (if you are lucky). Walgreens has had two comic lines but for the most part these are the rules of the game.