UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Gmonkey2k

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Recommended Posts

Lol. The 2 Walgreens near me are still on wave 6... Had the BC Avengers wave show up, it got bought out and the store restocked with wave 6, which I already had. They’ve now been sitting on pegs for about 10 months. I’m not going to buy them, no one else seems to want to, so we are just stuck at an impasse. Useless product sits in the store and I’ll never see a different wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Lol. The 2 Walgreens near me are still on wave 6... Had the BC Avengers wave show up, it got bought out and the store restocked with wave 6, which I already had. They’ve now been sitting on pegs for about 10 months. I’m not going to buy them, no one else seems to want to, so we are just stuck at an impasse. Useless product sits in the store and I’ll never see a different wave.

Well, I don't know your situation but you could always buy and resell, donate to a toy drive, or just exchange them to the store later. The impasse doesn't seem to help you out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried that a couple times. This would be the third time I bought wave 6 to trigger a restock. So if anyone needs that wave let me know. I just keep hoping at some point they restock or put them on sale like they were awhile back. Was out of the country on vacation the last time the sale came around if I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Well, I don't know your situation but you could always buy and resell, donate to a toy drive, or just exchange them to the store later. The impasse doesn't seem to help you out. 

I think the point is none of that should be necessary to be able to buy figures that were stocked in other locations more than a year ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh... lovely. I finally get a Walgreens and this happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol! This begs the question, if animated wave 10 was made, but never was released to stores, did it ever really happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the Rite Aid stores Walgreens just bought, it makes sense to close ones in areas where there are so many. Some areas are saturated while others barely have any. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the article, the 200 stores they’re closing only makes up 3% of their entire U.S. foothold. There’s almost 10,000 Walgreens in America apparently. Maybe that explains why I can never find stock 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

With all the Rite Aid stores Walgreens just bought, it makes sense to close ones in areas where there are so many. Some areas are saturated while others barely have any. 

Correct. As a few people on the board can attest to I have SEVERAL Walgreens, Rite Aids, and Duane Reade stores which is great for me but probably not the best strategy for them.  They had planned on closing some of the DR stores when they acquired them a few years back but the DR name is too powerful in NYC.

8 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

According to the article, the 200 stores they’re closing only makes up 3% of their entire U.S. foothold. There’s almost 10,000 Walgreens in America apparently. Maybe that explains why I can never find stock 🤔

Mind blown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. It’s looking like my symbiote box is getting fuller. First-world problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just curious if anyone has spotted the animated wave with dr strange and ghost rider anywhere. Or are they not out yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I was just curious if anyone has spotted the animated wave with dr strange and ghost rider anywhere. Or are they not out yet?

They are out. I've seen them a couple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gmonkey2k said:

They are out. I've seen them a couple times.

really? I've never seen them and so far they have not made it to ebay. Where have you seen them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

They are out. I've seen them a couple times.

Are you talking about the BC Avengers wave? Because no one else has seen the animated wave with Dr strange ghost rider besides the one guy like 8 months ago 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Are you talking about the BC Avengers wave? Because no one else has seen the animated wave with Dr strange ghost rider besides the one guy like 8 months ago 

I'm talking about the animated wave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 5:57 PM, Gmonkey2k said:

I'm talking about the animated wave.

Can i ask what state you’re in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is these mates better get in stores soon because I’m starting to pick up more Legends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the same as someone else and bought all the older Minimates my closest Walgreen's had. Three weeks later, no Minimates at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...