UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Has Batroc appeared in any of these cartoons? And does Spider-Ham fit any of these clues?

Actually Batroc was a recurring villain in the early seasons of Ultimate Spiderman. It was a running gag that they beat him easily every time. 

I'm sure we've all been wanting a Spider-Ham.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm guessing Del Toro-style Collector.

3lcDZQm.png

I would definitely say so, if i had to guess for character only made from the movie I’d bet it’d be one of the Ragnarok characters, Hela Skurge or Grandmaster, probably Hela for the easy parts reuse but I could see a Collector and Grandmaster pack

Edited by FightTheDead118

8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

That aligns with Disney stopping production at Marvel Animation. Clear out the obsolete inventory. Still looking forward to the new Spidey stuph. The designs are fun.

Not sure this has anything to do with obsolescence, as the next two waves are all based on the same shows, all featuring fairly well-known and recognizable characters. I think it's just a way to clear a path for a wider and more thorough refresh of Series 8 when it hits, something I'm sure everyone would like. But I could be wrong, I have no idea what the plans are for animation, or if that legitimately was a factor.

6 hours ago, hellpop said:

Has Batroc appeared in any of these cartoons? And does Spider-Ham fit any of these clues?

Unfortunately I cant make spiderham work with any of the clues.

Anybody think wasp might be the movie accurate figure? have we seen what she will be wearing in upcoming films? There arnt too many movie characters that havent had a minimate all I can think of off the top of my head are wasp (even though she hasn't technically appeared in a movie yet), the rock guy from thor, the original guardians of the galaxy and a couple of warriors three.

2 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Does anyone still see the Scarlet Spider/Green Goblin pack @ Walgreens?  I've visited a 1000 stores & cannot find this set.

I thought I saw one the other day when I was checking my two stores in Rochester, MN... With the sale going I'll try to stop by and see if it's there and grab it.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, DSTZach said:

Not sure if you guys saw, but in advance of Series 8 hitting on April 1, Walgreens is having a Buy One, Get One sale on all Marvel Animated Minimates. 

We'll reveal Series 9 closer to the Series 8 release. Not aware of any changes at this time. It's a cool wave, too. One GOTG set, one Avengers set, two Spidey sets. I think you'll like it, as there's one fairly comic-accurate character you've only gotten from a movie, and one fairly movie-accurate character that you've only gotten as a comic version. Plus some other cool cartoon-specific designs. 

Thanks for the tip on the sale, Zach.

Is there any chance we will see an Anya Corazon Spider? We have gotten/are getting other looks that have yet to appear in the movie and she is one of the main characters along with Gwen.

I think one Spider suit will finally be the Homecoming one. That fits the movie only look. Although Harry Goblin would too. Maybe we will finally see an animated Ock as he finally suited up last week. Collector does seem likely for the movie accurate look. Probably with an articulated Rocket.

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

April 1 is the release date for the next wave at Walgreens.

Didn't Zach say they would announce the next wave when that other wave gets released.  Just in time to show off the next wave of the Best of Animated wave with Hawkeye and Black Widow, Hulk and Red Hulk, Captain America and Thor  & Spider-Man and Iron Man.

Series 7 is the Red Hulk and Zemp wave. It's out now, I just saw it in Danbury/Brookfield. No BOGO, which is concerning. Series 8 is the MODOK wave, it hits 4/1, and we'll reveal series 9 then. No plans for a best of, although Series 10 includes a repeat of a character (not Spidey) we have done before. No need to do a full wave of repeats, as we will always find a way to do new versions of Spidey, Hulk, Cap.

Wait...was the BOGO sale supposed to be this week or next week?  I thought you meant there was going to be a BOGO sale when Series 8 eventually hits down the road.

The best of wave was a joke based on the April 1 release of Series 8 and you previously telling us that you would reveal the line-up for Series 9 when Series 8 hits.  :)

On 1/27/2018 at 9:56 PM, MisterMiracle said:

Wait...was the BOGO sale supposed to be this week or next week?  I thought you meant there was going to be a BOGO sale when Series 8 eventually hits down the road.

It was to make ROOM for Series 8. So before. Otherwise, Series 8 would be on sale when it hit.

Not sure if it has started, or when, or where, as everything I know may be wrong. 

The best of wave was a joke based on the April 1 release of Series 8 and you previously telling us that you would reveal the line-up for Series 9 when Series 8 hits.  :)

Sorry, I didn't get it. 

Edited by DSTZach

On 1/26/2018 at 3:49 AM, Nebraska said:

Does anyone still see the Scarlet Spider/Green Goblin pack @ Walgreens?  I've visited a 1000 stores & cannot find this set.

I feel your pain. I have been to probably 8 different Walgreens numerous times looking for this set and have had no luck. This one and the Spider-man Noir set are my two most wanted animated releases. I have had no problems finding the others that have been released. Sadly I can still find some from series 1 and 2 in my area that no one seems to want.

I will look around, guys. Pretty sure I still have Noir around me, very possibly the Scarlet/Goblin pack as well.

On 2/2/2018 at 11:54 AM, Onyx_6 said:

I will look around, guys. Pretty sure I still have Noir around me, very possibly the Scarlet/Goblin pack as well.

Thanks Onyx. I would look in the Madison area myself, but I moved to southern Alabama a little over a year ago.