UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for help with this one......do we expect these on TRU.com/is there a short pack ?

I believe TRU 20 will be online, but there is no short pack.

Does Agent Venom come will any weapons?

No, he does not.

The $30 per pack eBay @$$holes are out in full force already.

Just a reminder that every Walgreens should get Animated Series 1 on or about 9/4. Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

i picked these up from the Walgreens in Portland, Or on Caeser Chavez. the cutest guy helped me find them. he had to go in the back and check twice, and after we'd given up hope and i had just finished paying for something else, he came back to the front with a small, unopened brown box. inside there was one of each set. after the first time he'd come out, he looked on the computer and mentioned it said they had four instock. i wonder if it was the four sets, or 4 boxes of 4 sets. if it's the first, and you're looking for these two, try the Walgreens on 82nd. their site says they're instock (but shows the Spider-Man/Green Goblin pic online, still). i'd be surprised if the stores only got one of each each, but then again it's Walgreens, not exactly the first store you think of to go buy some new action figures.

11944713_622979287840195_1558634144_n.jp

i'm really happy with both these sets. Star-Lord was easily my least favorite from the GotG movie set, so i think the animated version is a much better mate. plus, i prefer comic over movie mates, anyway, so the GotG movie mates are the only ones i display due to a (previous) lack of other options. i decided to use animated Groot and Rocket for my Guardians display, too. and i missed out on the original Spider-Man 2099 and Agent Venom, so I'm happy to add them both to my collect. remind me... who is in wave 1.5? i know there's a bulked up Venom, which i'm excited about... and Crossbones, who I would be excited about if I hadn't just scored the original a month or two back.. but that's all i got.

11911420_622980931173364_1461119255_n.jp

the one downside was Star-Lords helmet. just like with Superior Iron Man, i couldn't get it off. but i knew i wanted to display him without the helmet, anyway, i cut it down the middle of the back to get it off. i don't usually have many complaints with minimates, and i love collecting them, but the slip on masks being stuck seems to be a pretty consistent issue with the last few waves. hopefully it gets figured out with future waves. never seemed to be a problem before.

Edited by CortherX

So obviously that September 5th or whatever release date was just a suggestion, guess I need to start hitting up all the Walgreens in my area. Still haven't seen any of the new TRU waves at either Toys R U near me.

It was never an embargo date, just a date they expected all stores to have them by.

According to the website, only one Walgreens in my area had them, so I called first and asked for the manager. She said she knew what they were and went to check the shelf. She returned and said they only had NFL minimates ? ...I'm just going to wait til Friday

Edited by Social Spider

I went to 6 different stores that the website said has them in stock, but only one store was able to find them. :/

It looks like they are shipping in a set of 4. The store that found them brought out a small brown box that had 1 of each 2-pack.

As far as the 'mates go, they left me a bit underwhelmed. The stand out set is Spidey 2099/Agent Venom. Spidey gets a blue Web line (same one since wave 2), but that is it.

Spidey/Electro: My Spidey's normal face tampo is misaligned. Electro comes with lots of accessories, but is just unnecessary with all of the Electros we've gotten over the past few years. He's a GITD milky blue too, which is kind of non-threatening for a villain, unless he is trying to lure you into a false sense of security. He looks either like frozen yogurt, or the best Ice-Man we've gotten in years.

Cap/Hulk: Nice 'mates but overall forgettable. My Hulk got the face tampo applied on the side of the head where the sprue was connected on both head blocks!

Starlord/Rocket/Groot: A definite improvement for Starlord's face tampo from the movie wave, but cartoon Starlord only has one laser pistol apparently. The Helmet is very nicely detailed. Rocket is 95% identical to Wave 57, a slightly brighter shade of orange. Groot doesn't do much for me in animated form.

I don't know if it was visiting 6 stores that had them "in stock" before finding them that left a bad taste in my mouth, but TRU20 kicks the @$$ out of Walgreens Wave 1.

I visited a few stores in Virginia that had them in stock on the website, but no one knew what they were, and I didn't want to send them to the back to look for them. I'll just wait until they are readily available.

I found the Toys "R" Us animated 'mates though, pick up one of these. I picked up an extra Banner and WM also, I'm slowly building towards my goal of five. I could have gotten them all on day one, but I didn't want to clean out an entire store of an exclusive, I pick up one at every store I've visited if they have them.

I was able to find a pocket of Walgreens carrying the exclusives when I broadened my search on website locator. They were about 45 minutes from me, while the ones 10 minutes away had nothing, but since there were a lot listed in that area (downtown Orlando) I went for it. I hit up two stores (because I got a scuffed 2099 at the first store down.gif ). The first had 2 sets, and the second had 3.

post-6744-0-56231900-1440979382_thumb.jp

Here's some comparison shots with the original versions.

post-6744-0-01890500-1440979404_thumb.jppost-6744-0-19027800-1440979417_thumb.jppost-6744-0-74256200-1440979425_thumb.jp

Found in Brookfield WI today.

Which one? I work a minute away from the one that is on Bluemound, across the street from McDonalds.
That is the Toys R us I found them at! We stopped on a trip toward Madison.