UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates


Gmonkey2k
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

 

Nobody will be staggered to know where the inventory went .

 

 

 

 

 

Well..... I am staggered. :jawdrop:

It would seem that a company called Sonner Toys have a selection of WG mates up for pre-order . They are based in the South East of the UK !!    At an advertised price of £24.99 ($33) per pack they won't be selling many . 

These of course may be a one-off but Minimates have been found before in UK discount stores ...en masse.

Edited by buttheadsmate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, youbastards said:

Zach, can you say if Walgreens is still carrying other DST product, just not Minimates?  It appears to me the toy aisles are generally shrinking at the Walgreens around me.  The "collector" toys haven't been restocked in months, but all the seasonal toys are setup in the seasonal aisle.

Apparently people find GI Joe Classified at Walgreens, I have never seen a single figure (or section for them) at any of the ones near me.

I believe they are no longer buying DST action figures, as well, but I can't speak to whether this is part of an overall toy reduction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They may have used a default release date based on the item code, which is a MAR17 code, created in 2017 and kept in use due to the fact that it is a rolling "movie sets" code. So if they start with March 2017 and add the standard five months indicated on the product code, then you get August. Just a template problem. 

Hope you can all get your hands on these. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do we know if these made in the normal Walgreen quantities? While the older waves always seemed to be a pain to find I was eventually able to get the ones I wanted and almost every wave sat on the pegs at some point so as long as the quantities are the same I would think there will be plenty to go around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Do we know if these made in the normal Walgreen quantities? While the older waves always seemed to be a pain to find I was eventually able to get the ones I wanted and almost every wave sat on the pegs at some point so as long as the quantities are the same I would think there will be plenty to go around.

As far as I know, we made standard Walgreens quantities of them. But I do not know for sure.

3 hours ago, nandoninny said:

um, should we be nervous?  without revealing the retailer do they offer online sales or are they in all major cities?

I don't know the retailer, but it's possible that most of them went outside the US. So good for some, bad for others. Hopefully there will be a quantity made available online. I am keeping an eye out on eBay, and I also checked Mercari. Any other auction sites people can recommend would be appreciated by all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, WookieFodder said:

@DSTZachMerry Christmas!

 

So if you find a new place for minimates, will they have the released Walgreens sets or just newer sets? Should I just bite the bullet and buy the sets I never saw in the wild like the Falcon/Winter Soldier ones?

 

 

 

PM me -- I have the FATWS sets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, WookieFodder said:

@DSTZachMerry Christmas!

 

So if you find a new place for minimates, will they have the released Walgreens sets or just newer sets? Should I just bite the bullet and buy the sets I never saw in the wild like the Falcon/Winter Soldier ones?

Merry Christmas! I believe it is only the most recent sets. We had to say the assortment may include sets x, y and z, but it is more likely they were just y and z, or even just z. So not sure how many Black Widow sets are in that movie assortment that was offered through Diamond. But it includes at least part of the FATWS run and the full run of Logan/Deadpool. 

Animated, there may have been a couple of SKUS, so there may have been some older sets as well as the most recent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Merry Christmas! I believe it is only the most recent sets. We had to say the assortment may include sets x, y and z, but it is more likely they were just y and z, or even just z. So not sure how many Black Widow sets are in that movie assortment that was offered through Diamond. But it includes at least part of the FATWS run and the full run of Logan/Deadpool. 

Animated, there may have been a couple of SKUS, so there may have been some older sets as well as the most recent. 

Thanks for the clarification .:mellow:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, it's how they were sold. Movie waves under one SKU, Animated under another. More were sent to Walgreens as needed,  but we didn't send the next wave until we shipped all previous waves. So aside from DP/Logan and the last Animated wave, I'm not sure what they got. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...