UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am wondering if we are going to be seeing 4-packs at Walgreens instead of 2-packs in the future. I would be completely fine with that. I am still patiently awaiting for the X-Men animated minimmates. Hopefully they show up soon. I sure hope that we see numerous packs from those cartoons. It would be the perfect opportunity to get out the Jim Lee era X-Men again. 

5 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The X-Men Animated packs will not be at Walgreens. We are looking for a new home for them. Once we do, hopefully they will be easier for people to get than Walgreens sets. 

So, does this mean Walgreens is ending Minimates? They seem to be disappearing from shelves, as in, multiple pegs of mates that have been there for over a year are suddenly almost entirely gone....

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

The X-Men Animated packs will not be at Walgreens. We are looking for a new home for them. Once we do, hopefully they will be easier for people to get than Walgreens sets. 

Try out Gamestop again? Would very much appreciate the ease of getting them that way ?

On 10/6/2021 at 7:27 AM, DSTZach said:

Hopefully we will be able to order them online. I am really looking forward to X-Men animated so hopefully they get a new home soon.

Any update on the Logan & Laura 2 pack? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

Damn. Is Walgreens done?

Sounds like it. Too bad for the line but it was definitely a pain trying to get some of the Walgreens exclusives. Hopefully someone picks them up. Maybe Joe and Transformers will help invigorate minimates and they make it through this.

Not sure about others, but I always see Minimates at Walgreens.  The problem is that the popular ones folks seem to want are never around.  Not sure if they just get gobbled up more quickly, or never make it out to the floor because the older ones are taking up the space.

When searching for minimates at all my nearby Walgreens I started getting the new Marvel Lego minifigures. Went to Walgreens website and sure enough, they have listings for which stores have lego minifigures. I know Gamestop has this tracking low jack system with Funkos and other products, or like Target.com will do the same thing, even listing the Aisle number. 

Just imagine all the time saved if Walgreens did this with minimates. Or just sold them on their website like that one Marvel wave (wave 26).