UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clues were were one totally new character, 2 that were only comics and one repeat movie character. Unless they cut Deadpool out.... :deadpool: ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've just gotten hold of Wave 12 & the Winter Soldier 'mates .

WG Mates are undoubtedly difficult to obtain but it is most definitely worth the effort because the quality is just stunning , a credit to DST .

I'm not convinced that the artwork on the reverse of each pack is worthwhile ?  It's nice to see but I can't help thinking that     a bit more imagination could be employed .

The only info DST has is when Walgreens receives the stock. After that it’s up to the retailer. 

That said, I don’t think we’ve been told if Walgreens has gotten the assortment yet. Personally I’d prefer it to show up after I’ve managed to acquire the Falcon/Winter Soldier wave. ☹️

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very excited to see what's included with the DP pack. Seems like an alternate torso, and some power effects. Hopefully DP's arsenal isn't left to the wayside. 

This may be the first pack I pick up in a good long time.

I guessed Deadpool months ago based off of Zach's clues and I saw that hexagon package with the Logan figures so I'm not surprised but I'm definitely welcoming them! So glad these two get recognition, however, I would have liked at least two sets on Deadpool to get Colossus and Cable since the Logan characters are pretty easy to kitbash. Still, glad they're here.

We can thank COVID for these. If the MCU had stayed on schedule, Disney probably wouldn't have been as interested in letting licensees mine previous Fox films. The timing is actually pretty perfect since there are so few film releases and product tie-ins in the mass market.

Now give me a Professor X, Pierce, and X-24. A few more from the Deadpool movies would be welcome, too, but I'm thrilled to see Negasonic Teenage Warhead offered.

The Deadpool set is very nice and I’m sure will sell well. The Logan set is a total dud. With all the other movie choices or even another Deadpool movie set (Colossus, Cable, Domino, grey/dirty Deadpool) would be more interesting than two civilian mates. Those civilian Logan sets from The Wolverine were huge peg warmers. 

While I understand the pushback against the Logan set I’m all in for it. Mostly because Logan is the best film of the entire XCU and I’m excited to have minimates that represent it. If they do more from Logan I’d like a two pack of Professor X and Caliban.  
I also want some Deadpool in my life and that set looks delightful.