UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

12 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I have zero love for the X-Men animated series so this might be the first Marvel line I skip in a long, long time. It's difficult enough to find the 'mates I do want. (Looking at you, Agent Carter.)

Hey if you need one the last time I went to the store they had 4. Send me a message here or Instagram and I will see if they still have her.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/24/2020 at 8:07 PM, youbastards said:

@DSTZach  are we getting more Maximum Venom mates at Walgreens?  All of the stores near me have reset with a Marvel section or end cap and have empty pegs with Maximum Venom skus.

I am not aware of any.

Also, with Walgreens love for Nightmare Before Christmas and all things Halloween, have you guys pitched them exclusive Minimates recently?  It would be nice if you could do an annual NBX release to fill in some of the missing character slots.  Unique variants of the main characters are always welcome too.

I don't know if NBX MM have been discussed. I'm not sure what is going on with the AF line, there's at least one exclusive that has not shipped yet.

Are there plans for more Gamerverse mates?   I would love an opportunity to army build AIM enemies from the Avengers game.  AIM Troops, Synthoids, Adaptoids, Drones, would all be fun army builders.

I guess we'll see how these do! I wish we'd done MM based on PS4 SPidey, there were some designs out there...

With the additional delays of the Marvel films, have there been any discussions to go backwards and fill in missing slots from previous movies?  This seems like the perfect opportunity if it ever were to happen.

I am not aware of plans to go backwards on MCU films. Now, non-MCU films...

Ahahahahahhhhh so it’s not Far From Home. Regrettable. 
But Spider-Verse is still on the table and that... that is not so regrettable. 
I could also go for the first two Rami films to round out that particular group since we got Spider-Man 3 but never 1 or 2. 

Also this is a prime opportunity to release The Lost Ghost Rider Wave. I don’t think they should release the Lost Ghost Rider Wave. But this would be an opportunity to do so. 

I'm going to assume a Deadpool 2 wave since it has more high profile characters that have had comic versions:

Deadpool (has had comic and movie versions)

Cable (has had comic versions)

Domino (has had comic versions)

Negasonic Teenage Warhead (completely new); I'm thinking this spot could also be Firefist but NTW has an actual superhero costume which I think makes her more appealing for a wave like this.

*Some side notes; based on Zach's clues I don't think you can really fill out 4 spots for the first movie, and Colossus isn't included because he's had both movie and comic versions, and that spot has to be taken by DP since he's the titular character.

As for future releases of older non-MCU Marvel films, my interest lies w/ the first 2 Raimi Spider-Man movies and the first 2 Blade movies. And since it sounds like the floodgates are perhaps open to at least the FOX movies I'd definitely be interested in seeing 'mates from the first Deadpool, Logan, and the first 2 X-Men movies. 

Your other films from FOX (that haven't had minimate releases) are; X-Men: Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix, New Mutants, the FF duology, Fant4stic, Elektra, and Daredevil.

Something tells me they aren't going to explore much in that above list.

Edited by OvenproofBug6

Just went to the Walgreens closest to my office.

I found one set of the GamerVerse Iron Man/Hulk and Black Widow/Cap. America. They also had a section set-up for Marvel merchandise and I saw to pegs labeled for the Maximum Venom line but no mates on them.  The regular pegs for Minimates were filled with about 8 packs each.

I live in Normal, IL and there are 5 other Walgreens in the local area.  One is really behind with the mates there so I don't go very often.  The other four are not always up to date either but I will try them after next pay day.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lurch77 said:

They did hit a bit early, but set photos revealed the new character back in January. Surprised they don't mention it.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a30619460/marvel-falcon-and-winter-soldier-show-new-captain-america/

Edited by DSTZach