UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

The movie wave has gotta be Deadpool. At least, I hope it is, but it lines up well. We've got movie versions of Deadpool before (Baraka and not-at-all-Ryan-Reynolds from Origins), comic version characters could be Colosus, Cable, Domino, Juggernaut, Shatterstar (unlikely lol), but the new one is most exciting...probably Negasonic, but I hate to say there's a possibility of a civilian type like Vanessa or Weasel. Still, I wouldn't care. Deadpool movie mates would be great.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DSTZach  are we getting more Maximum Venom mates at Walgreens?  All of the stores near me have reset with a Marvel section or end cap and have empty pegs with Maximum Venom skus.

Also, with Walgreens love for Nightmare Before Christmas and all things Halloween, have you guys pitched them exclusive Minimates recently?  It would be nice if you could do an annual NBX release to fill in some of the missing character slots.  Unique variants of the main characters are always welcome too.

Are there plans for more Gamerverse mates?   I would love an opportunity to army build AIM enemies from the Avengers game.  AIM Troops, Synthoids, Adaptoids, Drones, would all be fun army builders.

With the additional delays of the Marvel films, have there been any discussions to go backwards and fill in missing slots from previous movies?  This seems like the perfect opportunity if it ever were to happen.

Edited by youbastards

On 9/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, youbastards said:

@DSTZach  are we getting more Maximum Venom mates at Walgreens?  All of the stores near me have reset with a Marvel section or end cap and have empty pegs with Maximum Venom skus.

Also, with Walgreens love for Nightmare Before Christmas and all things Halloween, have you guys pitched them exclusive Minimates recently?  It would be nice if you could do an annual NBX release to fill in some of the missing character slots.  Unique variants of the main characters are always welcome too.

Are there plans for more Gamerverse mates?   I would love an opportunity to army build AIM enemies from the Avengers game.  AIM Troops, Synthoids, Adaptoids, Drones, would all be fun army builders.

With the additional delays of the Marvel films, have there been any discussions to go backwards and fill in missing slots from previous movies?  This seems like the perfect opportunity if it ever were to happen.

He said in another thread no more max venom mates 

15 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

Found the gamerverse today, they do look shiny.  Man do I wanna see the Widow movie. 

never saw the animated wave with Shuri. 
never saw the AntiVenom in the big body. 

if anyone has Walgreens antivenom to trade or sell lemme know

pm'ing you

Ah - this hits me right in the nostalgia. Will be chasing a set, for sure! 

I'm wondering if this might mean that all those folks who wanted a Morph figure will finally get one! 

I'm afraid that this 'new' Juggernaut is much like every other minimate Juggernaut we've had.. not imposing enough & unlikely to be able to 'see' through his mask !  Time & time again we have re-runs of certain Minimate characters that are not improvements of the previous incarnation .  

I have once again checked my facts & studied dozens of images of the character Juggernaut,I also checked out his profile. 

Juggernaut is arguably one of the tallest Marvel characters,9ft. tall . His helmet ,perhaps the most defining part of his costume is his helmet. The helmet has been drawn differently over the years but in its latest incarnation (Juggernaut issue 1 . Aug 2020) it still shows Cain's nose protruding outside of the helmet which is important when figuring out the thickness of the metal . Real-life noses are generally just over 2" long whilst Minimates ....er...don't have one.

I understand accept the '2" rule' ,I don't accept why the rule seems to be enforced arbitrarily & the inconsistency regarding 'one-piece moulded head/mask/head' is astonishing .

Ironically (think X-Factor !) from the waist down this 'mate is more Simon Cowell than Cain Marko , the thickness of the mask ...seriously ??   

In a nutshell why on earth can't this 'mate be packed with a normal head with an alternative moulded helmeted head that wouldn't give the impression that the helmet is 4-6" thick . Failing that ....just give us the moulded helmeted head & forget the normal head .

If you've got as far as reading to here ...thank you & I'll repay you by not even suggesting that Cyclops & Jean look awfully like the Wave 34 incarnations.

At first I was nice figures but I'm OK with the versions already out there. Just checked against the figures on database and honestly each of these figures has something that stands out as good. Jean's headpiece, Sinister's cape design, Cyclops Visor headpiece and for some reason just Juggernauts colour.

I do like these figures they are not as simplified as other Walgreens releases. So all in all a good release IMO

I would be OK adding these to a display especially Jean and Sinister

Phew, glad I didn't wait for this juggernaut. Pretty happy with my custom 

That said, I'll still end up with him because I like that Jean alot. Sinister looks pretty cool too. I'll probably transfer that web gear from this Cyk to the old one, as I hated that the old one couldn't turn his waist because of the stupid design connected to his belt 

Edited by Heinous

5 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

If you've got as far as reading to here ...thank you & I'll repay you by not even suggesting that Cyclops & Jean look awfully like the Wave 34 incarnations.

They basically are but with better paint but that is what the XTAS did. It will be interesting to see how and if they tackle Storm.  I hear everything you are saying for Juggy but as someone that broke his Excalibur one that lacks @Heinous skills I will go with this one. I did see someone post a photo with a POPS Juggy and Minimates that looked good. 

As for Jean, I cannot believe I am annoyed that the head piece isn’t painted on ? normally I’d be jumping up and down that it isn’t but now I can’t put a long hair piece on this one. The Cyclops having gear was exciting since I expected it to be painted on and then have a jacket with it. 

Either way I’ll get two sets. 

3 hours ago, Heinous said:

I was going to suggest that you could use the jacket from wave 82 Cyk on this one after you take off his web gear, but looking up what morph looked like in the show, you'd need to used a wave 60 mate to achieve that look 

Yeah, I think the look I want won’t ever be achieved to be honest as it would have to have that gear molded to the jacket so they are both 3D. Either way I am ok with the whole thing. Hopefully they keep the blues the same so there is mix and match options.

4 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

I’m a pretty big fan of these. I really like the new hands for Juggernaut. Looks nice. Mr. Sinister also looks great. And for someone who missed the boat on the original release of that Cyclops, I’m more than happy to get that look at non-scalper prices.

I hadn't realised that the wave 32 'originals' were that hard to come by .....my bad . 

2 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Yeah, I think the look I want won’t ever be achieved to be honest as it would have to have that gear molded to the jacket so they are both 3D. Either way I am ok with the whole thing. Hopefully they keep the blues the same so there is mix and match options.

Les Koting is a custom master