Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

2 2 packs @ £22 + £4 = £26 + internal US shipping 

4 2packs @ £44 + £4 = £48 + internal US shipping

i'd pay this.  i think instead of sending to 1 hub though it may be safer or folks may get more peace of mind if it was multiple hubs.  now, who can help organize this, i don't know.  but i'm in houston, texas -- anyone else near here that is interested in combining shipping?

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry people aren't happy with how we've handled this.

I am not upset with Diamond for this. I wish it turned out better for us collectors/fans and I am frustrated about having to track these down but I get it. Walgreens stopped selling minimates and Diamond had to think fast on how to get them out of their warehouse as quick as possible. I have a feeling the problem was looked at “how do we get these out of here” versus “how do we get them into the hands of the people that would have bought them in Walgreens.”

I think that, except for the two sets in question, most of the inventory had already had their shot at Walgreens, and a new audience was necessary -- hopefully, this  helps out European collectors and maybe even creates new fans. 

And I wasn't looking for praise, but thank you for the kind words. 

2 hours ago, bilbofett said:

So I went through Beyond toys. Got both sets. So I can be taken off any list for these. It was expensive and I should have been more patient. 

I am truly thankful for your post as it precisely sums the situation up .  

Theses sets will be in your hands sooner rather than later.:thumbsup:

I must smirk and chuckle a little because this is what the collectors outside the USA have had for years. Accepting and just having to deal with what seems like absolute mental shipping rates.

Another is that also for years DST have said they cant or couldn't sell minimates in UK/EU because of our safety regs on toys, but somehow they can send a minimates to the UK on basicly  clearance. Again where are the checks on these and if they can be done why arn't/where they done for other waves which has kept them out of LCS for years.

An Yes I know Minimates do appear in the UK in dribs and drabs and at online places like amazon and Zavvi but they stopped supplying minimates to bricks and mortar stores around 2007.

The safety-regs thing is perhaps what riled me the most .

I have just sent 2 x 2 packs to a USA member . Shipping was £18.10 .

I can therefore confirm that it will cost approx. $83 to ship 2 x 2 Minimate packs to the US ( 4 packs in total ) . 2 packs of DP/Nega & 2 packs of Laura /Logan. $83 = £62 . 

I will send any member in the US a similar package for the same price .  I honestly believe that this is the most efficient method for me at the moment to get this moving .  

I'm thinking paypal & I'm your 'friend' not your retailer .   robertbeavis55@btinternet.com .

Let's see how that works first .

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I can therefore confirm that it will cost approx. $83 to ship 2 x 2 Minimate packs to the US ( 4 packs in total ) . 2 packs of DP/Nega & 2 packs of Laura /Logan. $83 = £62 . 

I will send any member in the US a similar package for the same price .  I honestly believe that this is the most efficient method for me at the moment to get this moving .  

I'm thinking paypal & I'm your 'friend' not your retailer .   robertbeavis55@btinternet.com .

How do i place an order?   Email you at that address?  I found someone that wants a set so i can share the shipping.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

PM me your address , pay via paypal at the address given above (robertbeavis55@btinternet.com & you're done . 

I hope !

I've ordered some suitable shipping boxes which should be with me early next week & I'll send them.

Sharing the shipping is exactly what I'd hoped people would do. :thumbsup:

Pm sent.  Thanks again

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

hold on paypal is saying $87.16  usd yet says you only get 59.33 gbp

i dont want you to get shorted on all these deals

Same here. I just sent you a PM too if you have any left. Just let me know the amount you need.

Thanks again Rob for helping us out.

Edited by Strider

16 hours ago, Mattallica said:

hold on paypal is saying $87.16  usd yet says you only get 59.33 gbp

i dont want you to get shorted on all these deals

Thanks for letting me know , no issue Matt with yours . 

When using Paypal please choose to pay in £££s & you'll see that it will allow you to see what you are paying in $$$s just before you send .

I'll get back to anybody PMing me ,please be patient 

2 hours ago, OvenproofBug6 said:

Count me as another who doesn't want to miss out on these. Anybody else interested in splitting that hasn't already found a shipping buddy? I'm in Denver, and am willing to ship or be shipped to once they are in the states.

2 hours ago, Scorpion said:

I'm in Illinois and I just want the Deadpool pack if you want to split.

I appreciate that you guys are keen to get these & I'll help , i read my PM's & I know who wants what :thumbsup: Patience please.

The easiest & most economical way that you are going to get these sent from the UK is to order 4 packs, 2 of each .

On 1/29/2022 at 12:34 PM, buttheadsmate said:

UPDATE :

Simply put , I am now up -to-speed with shipping/packaging costs etc. 

I am being asked for a single DP/Nega pack , please realise that that is by far the most expensive way to obtain this ....approx. £23 including shipping in a bubbled envelope!!!   

By far the most economical method is to buy BOTH sets & buy 2 of each .  £64 .  You will note that I have raised the price slightly to accommodate Paypal's exchange rate . 

In a nutshell unless you want the above it's going to be a struggle to make this work for you. 

I will reply to all PMs this weekend.