UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

i was planning to keep an eye out for something in the US but i still only see sonner toys uk with just the logan/laura pre-order. nothing for deadpool/NTW. but if nothing comes up then i suppose i’ll be giving one of you lads a bell? 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that cartons of the erstwhile Walgreen minimates have arrived in the UK . Currently I can also confirm that the cartons have the description  'Legacy Movie MM Asst. ' . They are also described as Wave 2 ! Quite what that means is debatable but it would imply there is a Wave 1.  There is a vendor item code, MAR178503 with a UPC Code: 699788824085 . This particular asst. includes Spider/DocOck , Sup.Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Deadpool /Negasonic & Logan / Laura .

Whether or not there are other 'assortment' cases is currently unknown to me .

Interestingly (to me) the individual 2 packs are stickered by a UK importer. This sticker includes a CE plus a UK CA mark :) ...that'll be of no interest to most everybody except me . 

There cartons are numbered but apparently :rolleyes: as I have often been told  the numbers ...er.... mean nothing . 

Let me be clear, they are not going to be elusive or rare. 

I just can't believe that ALL of the the 'lost' WG Minimates got exported out of the US , got stickered up & dumped here in the UK & perhaps France ! I still believe they'll turn up in the US but if they don't & you're in the US ...worry not.

So was all that helpful ?

Personally I am only interested in the elusive DP/Nega & the Logan/Laura 2 packs ..... I am still assuming that that is the case with other people ????  I am putting no energy as yet into procuring other Walgreen stuff ....should I be ?

:yes:

3 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Personally I am only interested in the elusive DP/Nega & the Logan/Laura 2 packs ..... 

I believe I've been fairly consistent in my (general) praise for Walgreen Minimates & to be totally honest I was mainly interested in just completing my WG 'set' , not really being that fussed about the actual Minimates . A sad reflection on me.

This WG Deadpool is a stunner whilst Nega is amongst those few Minimates that you didn't really want until you saw it ! To make matters worse the Logan set has a superb Logan that begs you to buy a second set until you realise you'll have to decide what to do with Laura....WTF would you do with one?  67 previous Logan/Wolverine Minimates & this one (two) would be up there with the best.

Edited by buttheadsmate

17 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Seems like these should be available on DST's site. The fact that they're not leads me to believe someone's bonus check was tied to eliminating excess inventory by the end of 2021.

Separating the Logans and Deadpools from the remaining inventory and shipping them to a different warehouse on the other side of the country was not possible, unfortunately. Not at this price point. I hope some will find their way back to the US, but as far as I know most were sold internationally. Not trying to give anyone the run around, I legitimately want everyone who wants one to get one. 

36 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Separating the Logans and Deadpools from the remaining inventory and shipping them to a different warehouse on the other side of the country was not possible, unfortunately. Not at this price point. 

Knowing that the price point was increasing to $8 per 'mate, I'd have been fine paying $16 for these particular 2-packs. I doubt anyone was expecting to find these at the Walgreens price.

As a privileged US collector, this is frustrating but I do appreciate your insights. Thanks, Zach. 

18 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Knowing that the price point was increasing to $8 per 'mate, I'd have been fine paying $16 for these particular 2-packs. I doubt anyone was expecting to find these at the Walgreens price.

Oh, I think if we'd listed these sets on our website at $16 per two-pack, there would have been an equal number of angry collectors, if not more.

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Separating the Logans and Deadpools from the remaining inventory and shipping them to a different warehouse on the other side of the country was not possible, unfortunately. Not at this price point. I hope some will find their way back to the US, but as far as I know most were sold internationally. Not trying to give anyone the run around, I legitimately want everyone who wants one to get one. 

Zach ,

I (we ), of course,know that you want everyone one to get one . So do I.

Everybody ,

Separating the Logans & Deadpools from this UK 'inventory' is going to prevent me pursuing the wholesaler for cases of the 'assortments '.  I have everything else WG, as do, it would seem, my fellow-collectors in the US  .  I am therefore left with my age-old position of just buying from a retailer . I am a collector , I rarely sell anything.

The only good thing about this 'assortments' sale in the UK is that retailers here are very unlikely to know that just 2 of the sets are actually really wanted in the US.  That may change ,who knows?

I have ,in hand ,several sets which were bought with fellow-members in mind but ....& I'll be blunt .....nobody need to feel under any obligation to me . I have had so much help over the years from MMMV members I felt that maybe I could reciprocate. If nothing comes of my following suggestion then guys who really know me, PM me & we'll talk .

My initial thoughts are to find somebody US-based who will distribute these once I have sent them en-bloc to the US , put yourself or nominate somebody please. If this works out then we can keep the shipping down to a minimum.

I don't want to make a cent on this , I don't want any grief either:no:

These 2 packs have cost me $15 each & by the time they get to the US they'll be more than $15 each because of shipping.

Or....y'all & I can just wait & see what happens. I am not overly concerned if a better route (to the US) transpires.

PLMK

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Zach ,

I (we ), of course,know that you want everyone one to get one . So do I.

Everybody ,

Separating the Logans & Deadpools from this UK 'inventory' is going to prevent me pursuing the wholesaler for cases of the 'assortments '.  I have everything else WG, as do, it would seem, my fellow-collectors in the US  .  I am therefore left with my age-old position of just buying from a retailer . I am a collector , I rarely sell anything.

The only good thing about this 'assortments' sale in the UK is that retailers here are very unlikely to know that just 2 of the sets are actually really wanted in the US.  That may change ,who knows?

I have ,in hand ,several sets which were bought with fellow-members in mind but ....& I'll be blunt .....nobody need to feel under any obligation to me . I have had so much help over the years from MMMV members I felt that maybe I could reciprocate. If nothing comes of my following suggestion then guys who really know me, PM me & we'll talk .

My initial thoughts are to find somebody US-based who will distribute these once I have sent them en-bloc to the US , put yourself or nominate somebody please. If this works out then we can keep the shipping down to a minimum.

I don't want to make a cent on this , I don't want any grief either:no:

These 2 packs have cost me $15 each & by the time they get to the US they'll be more than $15 each because of shipping.

Or....y'all & I can just wait & see what happens. I am not overly concerned if a better route (to the US) transpires.

PLMK

Any chance you can post pics for all of us to see? Im not a big fan of MCU minimates but these two sets were definite buys for me. I would love to see how they turned out.