UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite enjoyed getting MM at Walgreens. Always had pretty good luck, as there's a Walgreens on every corner. Often had to hunt, but it was easy enough generally. I even bought a ton of figures I didn't necessarily want, to support the concept.

I hadn't visited this thread in ages, but I've noticed that all my Walgreens no longer have MM and it seems like they're kinda out of the toy business in general with most consolidating their toys with the dog toy aisle lol. 

But I came into this thread hoping to read some good news, only to see more crap dead. Blah.

Is Luke able to offer the animated  X-Men minimates sets? They would obviously sell well. I just don't know what the production amount would have to be for Luke to be able to offer them.

Have you guys tried to get Target or Walmart to sell them lately? They both have collectible areas in their stores. 

7 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Is Luke able to offer the animated  X-Men minimates sets? They would obviously sell well. I just don't know what the production amount would have to be for Luke to be able to offer them.

Have you guys tried to get Target or Walmart to sell them lately? They both have collectible areas in their stores. 

I don't believe Luke could swing a box set in the numbers required. 

I do believe we recently pitched Walmart on a MM box set, but they passed. It will be an SDCC Exclusive. 

Not sure how much contact we have with Target. I assume we talk to a buyer there, but I don't know what those discussions are like. 

Obviously I have no idea what talking to retailers looks like and I'm sure you have feelers that give you much more useful data than we can but I will echo that Target feels like a great instinct. 

They've made it clear in recent years that they want to cater to adult collectors and every Target I've been in (granted I live in LA) has a section dedicated to nerdy pop culture paraphernalia seperate from the kids toy aisles. 

Feels like minimates could find a fitting home there, hope yall find a good retail partner soon! 

• 3 weeks later...

I will of course help anybody that needs it.

Just my personal gut-feeling.........

I had all the WG sets except the *Logan/Laura - DP/Nega sets *.....this is the first time I have seen either set for sale on any ebay site anywhere.   I very much doubt that they'll be the last & this first seller wanted the equivalent of $21 a pack , nobody is going to pay that in the UK IMHO . There will be other sellers in due course .

Is it just these 2 packs(**) that people want?

Surely some of these sets stayed in the US ?

Edited by buttheadsmate