UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I didn't mean Walmart, I meant Amazon, but if we are ever able to get Minimates into Walmart, exclusives or non-exclusives, it will be a huge boon for the line, so hopefully you'll stick around. I know we pitched them at least one set fairly recently. 

Amazon has bought boxed sets in the past, hopefully they will in the future. 

Still no hope for GameStop? That would make getting sets…a lot easier (at least for me ?)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, mav-man said:

Whats going on with the logan/laura pack and deadpool/negasonic pack? Are those ever gonna be available somewhere?

They have been sold, as far as I know. Our remaining quantities of movie-two-packs have been sold to other retailers, and that should include Deadpool and Logan. I do not know which retailers, and I do not know which retailers got which sets, but they are out there in the world. I will keep an eye out for where they pop up, but I'm sure someone here will see them first. 

Just now, Gmonkey2k said:

Still no hope for GameStop? That would make getting sets…a lot easier (at least for me ?)

I didn't think they had stopped buying from us entirely, but I have not seen anything of ours in the nearby store lately. Not since Kingdom Hearts. I suppose anything is possible. 

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

They have been sold, as far as I know. Our remaining quantities of movie-two-packs have been sold to other retailers, and that should include Deadpool and Logan. I do not know which retailers, and I do not know which retailers got which sets, but they are out there in the world. I will keep an eye out for where they pop up, but I'm sure someone here will see them first. 

any hints?  something like Tuesday Morning or ??

I honestly have no hints. I assume they will be sold online, as the numbers purchased would probably not be limited to one or two independent comic shops. They may still be going through the mixed inventory they purchased. I know it was not the ideal way to make them available, but sorting the inventory and shipping it to the other side of the country to offer it in our web store was not possible, sadly.

I do not believe they were liquidated, just sold at standard wholesale discount. And even if I knew the retailer(s), I would probably not tell everyone so they can start e-mailing them about where the product is. :) Like I said, they may not know exactly what figures they bought, they were sold as a mixed assortment. Luke may have bought some, but I have only seen the other two movie lines (F+WS and BW) on his site, so that may be all he got.

1 hour ago, minifigvig said:

i’m gonna need to keep up on the logan and deadpool movie ‘mates, i had no idea they existed. the hunt begins!

Don’t rush. We’ve known about them a few months and we still don’t know where they’re gonna be stationed. Hold tight.

I am lucky enough to have every WG pack & after several years I'm quite certain I'll obtain any that got dropped onto some 'retailer' who "may not know exactly what figures they have bought" .  

I have become used to DST 'washing their hands' of any Minimate release once, this or that retailer has taken delivery of it. 

I'm sure the likes of Apple ,Coca-Cola,Nike etc.etc. would do the same .:no:

Wouldtheyfuckaslike .

How do we "wash our hands" of a release? When each set hits retail, I have been sure to promote it for the last ten years, letting people know where to get it. We can't usually make them available in the UK, due to a few factors, and we can't control how Walgreens distributed their products, but otherwise we tell people what they need to know.

IF you're saying we have the power to TELL a retailer HOW to sell our products, like an Apple or Nike or Coke, you're sadly mistaken. I wish!

This is the first time I do not know where a set has been made available, and it was due to a massive change in retailer relations. But I am not "washing my hands" of it. I legitimately want fans to get a hold of them. I simply do not know how they can yet.

And I've been trying to buy a can of Coke that says "Share a Coke with ZACH" for years, but Coke won't tell me where to get one, so eff them.

Edited by DSTZach

Got my hands on the last pack of the Winter Soldier/John Walker Captain America pack at the Walgreens I work at yesterday. It was on clearance, and since I'm an employee, I got the price cut down even more to $5.82.

Already have the Falcon/Zemo pack, so it was nice to get my hands on what is probably the last set of Minimates I'll ever buy at a Walgreens.

Sad to see the Walgreens stuff go out like this, but oh, well. At least it's not the end of the whole line...

Please Zach can you please just forget that I live in the UK , my geographical position rarely has any relevance to whatever  I generally post . Thanks.

I'll stick by my comments & whilst I agree that it might not be easy to "tell" a pharmacy store chain how to sell toys then maybe they could have been politely educated ? Maybe they'd have been grateful

Anybody reading through the 110 pages/6 years of this thread will quickly figure out what went wrong with Minimates at Walgreens,again maybe somebody could have told Walgreens ? 

Nobody will be staggered to know where the inventory went .

I'm sure the original Walgreens buyer (they changed midway) and our salesperson had discussions about how to sell Minimates, and they did their best to get them out to stores in some semblance of order. At one point a wave was offered online -- I'm sure we encouraged that, it may have even been our idea. Towards the end we were going to change up packaging and offer six-packs on the shelf, rather than two-packs on the peg. Sadly, those were not to be and turned into SDCC exclusives.

The idea that we didn't CARE how Walgreens sold them is ridiculous. The idea that we can INSTRUCT a billion-dollar retailer how to handle our inventory is equally so. I don't know how Funko and Hasbro exclusives were handled, but I'm sure they had their own sets of problems. 

And I brought up the UK because, of all the English-speaking collectors on this thread, that is one of the biggest impacts on collecting -- the lack of availability in the UK. I guess I assumed that was part of "washing your hands", which I interpreted as meaning "not caring whether or not people got their hands on the product." I wasn't singling out BHM.

Zach, can you say if Walgreens is still carrying other DST product, just not Minimates?  It appears to me the toy aisles are generally shrinking at the Walgreens around me.  The "collector" toys haven't been restocked in months, but all the seasonal toys are setup in the seasonal aisle.

Apparently people find GI Joe Classified at Walgreens, I have never seen a single figure (or section for them) at any of the ones near me.

Edited by youbastards