Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

I like the cap minimate. 
it looks nice. 

I look forward to getting my hands on them! I don't have them yet, Barry himself took those lovely photos. I may snap up a set if I can find them this weekend, so I can shoot a video -- samples of these are tricky to get. 

Looking to the WG future, I've seen the packaging for one pair of two-packs based on new TV, and one based on old movies. I'll try to promote them in advance, once it's okay to show them, but if they drop early, hopefully people aren't too put off by the lack of promotion.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Looking to the WG future, I've seen the packaging for one pair of two-packs based on new TV, and one based on old movies.

Nice redirect. ? ?

I'm very interested in DST doing anything "based on old movies," even Marvel's. Considering there are Marvel films DST didn't even touch (Deadpool) and others that feel unfinished, my curiosity is piqued.

As for "new TV," I'm guessing we're talking about one of the Disney+ shows (The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?).

Let the speculation commence!

Went searching today and found the Avengers game mates at one store. They rang up as “Avengers BC” Minimates so they aren’t under the movie or animated SKU. Hopefully these are a trial for a new reoccurring series. Some PS4 Spidey and non-big 5 Avengers from the new game would be welcome.

Also found the Miles/Prowler from Animated Series 12. No sign of Ghost/Iron Man. The Miles/Prowler pack is....ok. It’s Miles in a very very slightly different style. Prowler is a bad design and a boring figure, but it’s screen accurate. 

Animated series definitely feels like it’s scraping the bottom of the barrel the past few series. Switching to the X-Men Animated show is welcome change. Wish we knew what the lineup was and had some pics.X4HYVgU.jpgkwCH1Uu.jpg

5 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Nice redirect. ? ?

I'm very interested in DST doing anything "based on old movies," even Marvel's. Considering there are Marvel films DST didn't even touch (Deadpool) and others that feel unfinished, my curiosity is piqued.

As for "new TV," I'm guessing we're talking about one of the Disney+ shows (The Falcon and The Winter Soldier?).

Let the speculation commence!

Personally I’m hoping it’s Far From Home. A Spider-Man/Mysterio two pack. Either in the Night Monkey suit or the final fight suit. I don’t care. I’m just sad we don’t have that Mysterio. 

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Three new movie characters, one movie character we've gotten before. 

Two of the new charcters we have comic versions of, one has never been done before in any format. 

I'm excited about them! The TV stuff, too. 

Rescue seems like a lock, new to movie, but has a comic mate

Korg could fit, depending on if you count the Stone Man army builder

Final Battle Thor

Stan Lee + drawing a blank on who could be the never done character

EDIT:

Deadpool 2 set - Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, NTW

Unless you count Wolverine Origin Deadpool, then Deadpool, Cable, Domino, and NTW

Edited by Onyx_6

Really curious about the new movie/tv mates.

Oh and I have to say it was real nice seeing the posts about the new Walgreens wave on the boards and then visiting a Walgreens  the next day and finding them. First time that has ever happened for me. I didn’t even have to go to a second store. I really, really hope the animated X-Men mates are as easy for me to get.

Hasbro is just putting out Movie Legends for Deadpool 2 and other movies from the X franchise (wolverine, mystique, and Charles/Magento with both young and old heads). Likely with the merger, licensing was opened up for the fox movies. Hopefully DsT bit, especially if the Fox movies were an umbrella license.

14 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Hasbro is just putting out Movie Legends for Deadpool 2 and other movies from the X franchise (wolverine, mystique, and Charles/Magento with both young and old heads). Likely with the merger, licensing was opened up for the fox movies. Hopefully DsT bit, especially if the Fox movies were an umbrella license.

i hope so!  that'd be awesome