UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I hinted that 12 was Spider-Man, with two previously made animated heroes (meaning they have been done in animated form before, although not for this iteration of the cartoon) paired with two villains who have never been made in animated form (but have been made semi-recently or semi-soon in comic form). 

Series 13 is an entirely different cartoon we have not made Minimates of before. Two heroes paired with two villains. 

Edited by DSTZach

For series 12, the redo heroes would probably be some of the Avengers since they had a prominent role in the second season of the Spider-Man 'toon. That's anyone between:
Iron Man
Black Widow
Captain America
Ms. Marvel (Khan)

Two villains who've never been done in an animated form but have been done in comic form. Recent comic book variants of Spidey foes that have also been in the show would include:
The Spot
Beetle (I know we got the Lincoln version, but I think it still counts)
Jack O' Lantern
Ghost

I think an Iron Man / Ghost pack is a pretty clear no-brainer. I'd say Ms. Marvel is the other hero. I'm hopeful for either Jack O' Lantern or Beetle for the other villain. 

6 hours ago, MisterPL said:

These four-figure series seem pretty popular with Walgreens.

...& me .  I totally rely on other members hunting them for me & ........as a completist.......it seems a tad easier when my supplier ( that sounds terrible but.....) tells me he has "found both" rather than  ".....I'm not finding all of them" or invariably "what the f*ck am I looking for " **   

** It doesn't help that Walgreens packs rarely show the whole line -up for the wave on the reverse of the packs .

Edited by buttheadsmate
grammar

So,During toy fair  Zach was doing an interview where he actually introduced the lineup for both series 12 and 13. I'll post the waves in a spoiler tag for those who want to be surprised and keep speculating.

Spoiler

Wave 12 consists of Prowler, Iron Man, Ghost, & Spy-D

Wave 13 is actually based on x-men the animated series, the characters are cyclops, jean grey, Mr. sinister, and another villain.

3 hours ago, ApexPredator said:

So,During toy fair  Zach was doing an interview where he actually introduced the lineup for both series 12 and 13. I'll post the waves in a spoiler tag for those who want to be surprised and keep speculating.

Reveal hidden contents

Wave 12 consists of Prowler, Iron Man, Ghost, & Spy-D

Wave 13 is actually based on x-men the animated series, the characters are cyclops, jean grey, Mr. sinister, and another villain.

Before I actually checked that spoiler. I did check to see that this was posted after April 1st it would have been a perfect time for a joke post and after nearly 2 weeks of lockdown I'm starting to go a bit paranoid an daft.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Looks like I spoiled it. I forget who I told. Glad somebody's watching those interviews. PRETTY sure we've not done Spy-D or IM from the new Spidey toon.

Aren't Miles morales Spiderman

fig2315flg.jpg

Kid Arachnid

fig2979flg.jpg

https://marvels-spiderman-2017.fandom.com/wiki/Spy-D

And Spy-D basicly the same thing its just in the cartoon they haven't settled on a name. Those are Walgreens figures not from the main marvel line.

Oh an Ivan is hailed

Edited by MiniFiend UK
added link to spy-d info

I forgot we did him for both cartoons already. So yes! "Retread." Consider this the Into the Spider-Verse figure we never got. :) But I believe it is a slipcover mask. 

IM and Ghost are VERY different from Series 80 looks

Edited by DSTZach

21 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

I forgot we did him for both cartoons already. So yes! "Retread." Consider this the Into the Spider-Verse figure we never got. :) But I believe it is a slipcover mask. 

IM and Ghost are VERY different from Series 80 looks

Its fine if you forgot :)

Hell right now there are times I have no idea what day of the week it is. They are all merging together kinda like the time between xmas an New Years its like one loooong sunday.