UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Well, guess I’m not the only one impacted as there will be less than 100 Duane Reade pharmacies left in NYC after today. https://champ.gothamist.com/champ/gothamist/news/duane-reade-nyc-closing#click=https://t.co/e8vGIau18E 

After going for 14 months with no new Animated Minimates in the area, I finally found waves 9 and 10 (along with the Venomized sets) last month. And then this week I found a full set of wave 11! Yay for new Minimates!!

After watching the Supior Spiderman arc on the cartoon, I am super happy to get Ock and Peter Parker. Anya is nice too. I am sad that I missed the Black Panther's Quest series as that seemed like it would be interesting, but I love Shuri and the Minimate is great!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I went to one of my six local Walgreens stores today and found two packs of the Walgreens8 wave that I have never seen in my area before.

And since they are on a Buy 1 get 1 50% off, I got them.  I finally found Wasp/MODOK and Black Panther/Whitney Frost, but I only wish I had found more so I can open some for some customizing (at least of Wasp).

I had already visited four of the other five and only found some much older peg holders that I would only by if they were half price for one.  So I left them behind.  (mainly Black Bolt/Medusa sets and White Tiger/Iron Patriot sets or some of Thor Ragnarok sets which are all starting to collect dust or the packaging is now so damaged they seldom remain hanging on the peg.)

• 1 month later...

Zach, could you speak a little on the future of the Animated waves? I know some people have been left in the dust with waves 10 and 11, but I've been able to find them relatively easily. I'd like to see more of these and just wanna know what the current status is. 

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

If only there was a way to make these available to be purchased online and picked up in stores. ? 

That's more a Walgreens issue.  They haven't managed to figure out pick up in store which is weird given that's basically what the pharmacy does.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

That's more a Walgreens issue.  They haven't managed to figure out pick up in store which is weird given that's basically what the pharmacy does.

Seriously. Pharmacies have had this "pick-up in store" thing down for a hundred years now. Why is it such a nosebleed for my plastic crack?

11 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

That's funny because I just ordered some McFarlane Fortnite figures from Walgreens with in store pickup last night.

7 hours ago, stack32 said:

That's funny because I just ordered some McFarlane Fortnite figures from Walgreens with in store pickup last night.

Amazing! Looks like they figured it out for certain items. Shipping to a store is free with any order total - no minimum required. (Every item in your cart must say "Ship to Store" for your order to qualify.)

On 1/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Zach, could you speak a little on the future of the Animated waves? I know some people have been left in the dust with waves 10 and 11, but I've been able to find them relatively easily. I'd like to see more of these and just wanna know what the current status is. 

We've designed the packaging for Series 12, not sure of release date. It has 2 two-packs from Spider-Man -- consider it the rest of the Maximum Venom wave -- with two heroes we have not done from the new cartoon paired with two villains we have not done in the animated style.

23 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

We've designed the packaging for Series 12, not sure of release date. It has 2 two-packs from Spider-Man -- consider it the rest of the Maximum Venom wave -- with two heroes we have not done from the new cartoon paired with two villains we have not done in the animated style.

Awesome news! Thanks. Is it just those 2 packs in the series?