UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

ok, so just got a chance to open these up and look back at the sdcc pics

there are only two packs in the maximum Venom wave

there are some neat new pieces on Hulk with little venom faces popping out all over him and  anew head sculpt,

and on Venom with back tendrils and a new head sculpt

Cap gets a new head and shield sculpt

spider-man comes with an extra head right arm and left leg so you can make a completely  venomized black and white spidey

good luck finding a "white" head for spidey that has the webbing printed straight as both of the ones i got are messed up

thumbnail_IMG_2058

thumbnail_IMG_2057thumbnail_IMG_2060thumbnail_IMG_2061thumbnail_IMG_2062

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Heinous said:

That's an easy hard pass on all of that crap. I'd rather they released a new cap, Hulk and spidey over venomized versions. Venom looks cool but I've got enough of him already 

It’s very rare you and I agree so strongly but this is one of those occasions. I literally don’t have space for these. 

I kinda want these but I feel like final purchase decision will happen when they’re in my hand. 

I really do appreciate the Captain America one though. I wish he had a fully Venomized left leg. Never really liked these mid transformation characters. 

I just shake my head at the constant Spidey web alignment issues that have been happening for years.  I can't believe Marvel would be pleased with this consistantly poor output.  The weird thing is that this wasn't a problem for the bulk of the early waves, but really became consistent during the TRU waves around 2012.

Found these in PA today. 2x each per case

I agree with @Trekker 42 they would be better if they were fully venomized. However, the promo art shows everyone in a half/half state so I’m assuming that’s all DST had to work with. 

One thing DST could do is update the ”bleepin” insert. It’s still just stuff from 2017 and TRU waves. Minimates are on life support at least show stuff that can be bought to potential customers.

Hey, I've managed to hunt down quite a bit of these new Minimates waves. I have a store on EBay ("Nerdstalgic Nation" or username - "Spider-Nerd") if you guys are interested in purchasing some packs I could possibly cut you a discount if you mention Minimates Multiverse. My listings have a "Best Offer" option plus I have many of the older waves and many many others, Hundreds. I typically undersell my competition and try to keep prices low and fair but still make some profit as everything has a market value. 

Edited by Spider-Nerd

3 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Found these in PA today. 2x each per case

I agree with @Trekker 42 they would be better if they were fully venomized. However, the promo art shows everyone in a half/half state so I’m assuming that’s all DST had to work with. 

One thing DST could do is update the ”bleepin” insert. It’s still just stuff from 2017 and TRU waves. Minimates are on life support at least show stuff that can be bought to potential customers.

Should be updated for Series 78, sorry it took a while

On 9/26/2019 at 11:53 AM, youbastards said:

I just shake my head at the constant Spidey web alignment issues that have been happening for years.  I can't believe Marvel would be pleased with this consistantly poor output.  The weird thing is that this wasn't a problem for the bulk of the early waves, but really became consistent during the TRU waves around 2012.

If they were a little off now and then it would be one thing but they've produced a lot that are as bad as the one pictured above and very few that are really good. Obviously it's not a priority for DST.

@DSTZach

Can you speak to why the Maximum Venom wave is only 2 packs instead of 3 or 4?  Were there only 4 characters designed or did Walgreens request a smaller assortment.  It almost feels like this was supposed to be a boxset for specialty and was changed to accommodate Walgreens 2-pack assortments.

Not complaining, just curious.

Stopped by Walgreens tonight, and no new animated 'mates, but I did find the Venom ones. I bought them more out of brand loyalty than anything, though this is probably the best Venom DST's ever made. Venomized Hulk and Cap are fine, I guess. I like the black and white Spidey; does anyone know if this actually appeared in the comics? Obviously it's the old Ben Reilly outfit, but I don't recall seeing it like this before.

Found the Maximum Venom wave and wonder of wonders the web lines were perfect so I shouldn't complain. However the new animated wave was series 8, which was the first time it has shown up, but considering I'd already traded for three of the packs here and had to overpay for the fourth I wasn't really excited. The most discouraging part was that both stores restocked the Iron Spider/Spots AGAIN! Since they refuse to restock until everything is sold out I'm beyond frustrated at this considering I've already gotten at least 32 packs, and that's just counting the Iron Spider heads in my unsorted fodder case. It would be one thing is there was an occasional Cyclops or Iron Man pack but not just spot after spot after spot. It's actually gotten to the point where I'm wishing that the whole wave went the way of LCS wave 15 when TRU went down.

6 hours ago, Prowlar said:

Found the Maximum Venom wave and wonder of wonders the web lines were perfect so I shouldn't complain. However the new animated wave was series 8, which was the first time it has shown up, but considering I'd already traded for three of the packs here and had to overpay for the fourth I wasn't really excited. The most discouraging part was that both stores restocked the Iron Spider/Spots AGAIN! Since they refuse to restock until everything is sold out I'm beyond frustrated at this considering I've already gotten at least 32 packs, and that's just counting the Iron Spider heads in my unsorted fodder case. It would be one thing is there was an occasional Cyclops or Iron Man pack but not just spot after spot after spot. It's actually gotten to the point where I'm wishing that the whole wave went the way of LCS wave 15 when TRU went down.

That is so crazy that the warehouse sent all of these to that particular store! I’d check with Luke to see if anyone needs them and see if that can help fix things. If not then everyone in the family is getting Spots for the holidays!

Love the look of the Venomized mates. The eBay prices really aren't bad (someone has the set for $20) but shipping + imports is $25 USD. Really want to order them but the shipping is such a turn off for me. Hoping Luke gets them and I can get them as part of a large order. Based on the reviews the Cap and Venom look to be the two best from the wave, but I want them all. 

The Maximum Venom wave has made it to Ohio. I picked them up today & also noticed that the Walgreens I was at FINALLY got some new animated stock but it is the wave with the Spidey/Hobgoblin, Homemade Spidey/Kraven & Star Lord/Collector. Other than those it is still Captain Marvel & Thor:Ragnarok sets

Edited by HellfireSamurai

On 10/2/2019 at 10:50 PM, hellpop said:

Stopped by Walgreens tonight, and no new animated 'mates, but I did find the Venom ones. I bought them more out of brand loyalty than anything, though this is probably the best Venom DST's ever made. Venomized Hulk and Cap are fine, I guess. I like the black and white Spidey; does anyone know if this actually appeared in the comics? Obviously it's the old Ben Reilly outfit, but I don't recall seeing it like this before.

It appeared in Venomverse, I believe, but these are based I believe on the cartoon, Maximum Venom.