UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

Lol. The 2 Walgreens near me are still on wave 6... Had the BC Avengers wave show up, it got bought out and the store restocked with wave 6, which I already had. They’ve now been sitting on pegs for about 10 months. I’m not going to buy them, no one else seems to want to, so we are just stuck at an impasse. Useless product sits in the store and I’ll never see a different wave.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Lol. The 2 Walgreens near me are still on wave 6... Had the BC Avengers wave show up, it got bought out and the store restocked with wave 6, which I already had. They’ve now been sitting on pegs for about 10 months. I’m not going to buy them, no one else seems to want to, so we are just stuck at an impasse. Useless product sits in the store and I’ll never see a different wave.

Well, I don't know your situation but you could always buy and resell, donate to a toy drive, or just exchange them to the store later. The impasse doesn't seem to help you out. 

Tried that a couple times. This would be the third time I bought wave 6 to trigger a restock. So if anyone needs that wave let me know. I just keep hoping at some point they restock or put them on sale like they were awhile back. Was out of the country on vacation the last time the sale came around if I recall.

5 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Well, I don't know your situation but you could always buy and resell, donate to a toy drive, or just exchange them to the store later. The impasse doesn't seem to help you out. 

I think the point is none of that should be necessary to be able to buy figures that were stocked in other locations more than a year ago

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

With all the Rite Aid stores Walgreens just bought, it makes sense to close ones in areas where there are so many. Some areas are saturated while others barely have any. 

Correct. As a few people on the board can attest to I have SEVERAL Walgreens, Rite Aids, and Duane Reade stores which is great for me but probably not the best strategy for them.  They had planned on closing some of the DR stores when they acquired them a few years back but the DR name is too powerful in NYC.

8 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

According to the article, the 200 stores they’re closing only makes up 3% of their entire U.S. foothold. There’s almost 10,000 Walgreens in America apparently. Maybe that explains why I can never find stock ?

Mind blown.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Heinous said:

Are you talking about the BC Avengers wave? Because no one else has seen the animated wave with Dr strange ghost rider besides the one guy like 8 months ago 

I'm talking about the animated wave.