UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

I wouldn’t be counting on the Rite Aid change to Walgreens. They only bought a portion of their stores, closed some of those they bought and the change over starts on Sept 1st, with it expected to take 1.5-3 yrs to be complete.

There’s no public list on which ones they bought so only time will tell.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/19/2018 at 3:29 PM, fwoosheyman said:

If anyone needs a set of Series 8 (cost plus shipping) send me a PM. There’s several sets sitting at Walgreens near me.

And where would that be? Can people please start posting City/State when they find these?

I found the Enchatress wave and Infinity w2 at the Walgreens on ne 181st and Glisan in Portland Or. Full enchatress wave, but only WM/Cul and Drax/Gamora for Infinity 

1 hour ago, EricM said:

I found Wave 9 this morning at the Walgreens in Napa, CA. Just 1 set.

1 hour ago, EricM said:

So far still so sign of Wave 8.

THAT bothers me. Whenever one assortment leapfrogs another, that's when you have to resort to the secondary market. Dang.

These have been a journey to find locally. I've gone a few times a month to see if the latest two waves (especially wave 8) came out in which I came out empty every time. I've never had that problem with previous retail exclusives. A couple of weeks ago I had a day free where I chose to drive to/ around San Jose to see if could track series 8 or 9. I visited 13 stores (I still have the map) and none of which had any of the newest series. It wasn't until a week later when I went to visit a friend who was much closer from where I lived than the San Jose locations that I found the only store in that city to be carrying just 1 of the Enchantress and Kraven series. The distribution and accessibility of the latest 2 waves has certainly been a interesting. I just hope any future Walgreens waves doesn't fall into the same pattern as that'd be detrimental to a collectors motivation to either spend time collecting to find something at several locations or cash out to scalpers.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:43 AM, MisterPL said:

I read that these are showing up at Duane Reade. That doesn't help me at all since the nearest one is 90 miles away.

I’ve only been lucky finding them at Duane Reade.

11 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I’ve only been lucky finding them at Duane Reade.

I imagine because few collectors think about going to Duane Reade for Walgreens exclusives. If only half of my Rite Aid stores carried them I'd easily have three times as many places to hunt for this plastic crack.

i've never even heard of duane reade. i support rite aid getting mates, tho. it'd be nice if one store carried strictly movie mates, the other animated. and i guess if we're gonna start getting comic book waves, those should go with the movie mates too as we don't get those as often.

With the addition of comic-based 'mates, it looks like we're talking about a third peg. I don't know about others but my stores currently have two pegs; one for animated and another for movies. It's good for DST and the Minimates brand. It'll be even better if the stock actually gets to those store pegs.