UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

10 hours ago, CortherX said:

does anyone else use the walgreens app? i used to be able to get an idea of when a store would restock, but now when i do the search store feature, it tells me there's nothing around. is this an common issue?

I think others have said the same thingĀ 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hit up 6 Walgreens in the Memphis/Southaven area and found nothing but Ragnorak and Black Panther sets. Only one store had any animated sets and it was the Hawkeye/Crossbones. After lunch I said screw it and came home. It was too hot outside and too frustrating to go to anymore stores just to come out empty handed.Ā 

Itā€™s pretty frustrating to go into Walgreens and not finding any new sets. My son loves Spidey and wants to get all the new sets for Wave 8 and 9. Still see the same Black Panther movie, Wave 1 IW Minimates.

As I said I was planning to do over my vacation, onĀ Tuesday I traveled over 200 miles to hit 27 of the closest 36 Walgreens stores. I was hoping to find wave 8 or wave 9 or more of IW2. Here is what I did find:

Ā 

At least I found a set of wave 8....

On ā€Ž8ā€Ž/ā€Ž9ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 12:27 PM, EricM said:

Glad you were able to find Wave 8, Onyx_6.Ā 

looks like wave 2 from infinity war hanging there too...at least I see Gamora

Edited by mav-man

I know people are still lookin for series 8 and 9 and infinity war series 2. My stores dont have anything new. Saw an animated hawkeyes set a few days ago. But does anyone know when the new comic series of mates is gonna come out. Just tryin to see if i'll have to wait 4 to 6 months after everone gets theirs to see if the stores in my area will get them.

6 hours ago, spidermatt said:

I know people are still lookin for series 8 and 9 and infinity war series 2. My stores dont have anything new. Saw an animated hawkeyes set a few days ago. But does anyone know when the new comic series of mates is gonna come out. Just tryin to see if i'll have to wait 4 to 6 months after everone gets theirs to see if the stores in my area will get them.

Hopefully we can order online by thenĀ 

Wave 8 was found by people back in March, and it still hasn't hit a single store near me.Ā  It's been 5 months.Ā  Are these collecting dust in a warehouse or were the production numbers drastically reduced from previous waves?Ā  I have seen nothing of Wave 9 or Infinity War Wave 2 either.Ā  My optimism is telling me to hold out for the Rite Aid conversions, but honestly this is killing any interest I have in Walgreens assortments.

Ā 

Ā 

Walgreen's distribution needs to pull its head out of its ass. Now I try to be patient, but after today I'm a bit ticked. I have two stores close to me and, for the most part, I'm the only one in the area that buys minimates. The stores only get in one case at a time. So every two weeks for the last two months I've been keeping wave seven from peg warming at both stores in order to get in wave eight. Currently I've gotten twelve full sets. Finally today I went in and I found something new (Yay!) wave nine meaning that wave eight has been skipped (Boo). Now I understand the need to move old stock but at least get your systems in order so that stores that are moving product don't end up skipping. I swear if a case of wave eight doesn't show up before comic wave one is released I'm out. I'm not paying over retail price on figures I should be able to find locally and if I can't find those toys then it really isn't worth continuing to collect.

Not all my comic shops stock minimates anymore. With TRU gone, Walgreens was the last retail store that carried them, and since hardly any of the stores stock any new ones itā€™s kind of sucked. Iā€™ve been actually looking at making some customs of some characters who havenā€™t been made yet.Ā