UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

looks like someone else in oshkosh is hunting for minimates now. i noticed someone has some the new sets up on ebay now.

just what i need is competition inĀ finding these sets and from scalpers at that!!!

Edited by mav-man
correction

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the walgreens in hutchinson, mn received the latest wave. they also got 2 full sets of IW wave 1, and a full set of the captain marvel animated. does anyone need the iw wave 1 or captain marvel animated?

Ā 

23 hours ago, mav-man said:

looks like someone else in oshkosh is hunting for minimates now. i noticed someone has some the new sets up on ebay now.

just what i need is competition inĀ finding these sets and from scalpers at that!!!

Welcome to those of us who live in the same area as Minimates Menagerie... <_<Ā 

On 7/2/2018 at 9:57 PM, DSTZach said:

I guess since Series 9 is out we'll unveil Series 10 at SDCC! I know people are kinda down in this thread about finding everything, but it's got:

One hero we've doneĀ several times but gets complaints almost every time.

One anti-hero/villain we've done several times, few complaints.

One hero and one anti-hero we've done a few times, both likely welcomed.

One hero and one villain we've only done once.Ā 

Two villains we've never done, both pretty cool.Ā 

One GOTG set, one Spidey set, two Avengers sets.

While I have yet to find either wave 8 or wave 9, I want to guess here:

Spidey set: Spidey (hero with complaints) and Venom (anti-hero/villain) - Hopefully with Brock and Max heads and thrips hands

Guardians: ArticulatedĀ Rocket (hero few times) and Titus (new villain)

Avengers: Blade (anti-hero)Ā and Dracula (villain done once) AND AttumaĀ (new villain) and Jane Foster Thor (technically hero done once, although we have 2 Janes)

18 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

I still have the same old sets sitting around my local Walgreens. Iā€™ve been keeping an eye on EBay and havenā€™t seen many sets pop up. I think a few in New York, Washington and Michigan. My frustration is building.Ā 

Yeah I can confirm they are in NYC but I only saw them at one location being bought by a (presumably) aĀ mom and a kid. I did go to several stores though before hand all throughout Midtown where I usually have better luck before seeing them.

Anyone need the Dr. Strange/Thor set from Infinity War?

Ā 

I used to be able to find the Walgreens Minimates with no issues at all but these haveĀ become more and more frustrating to track down withĀ either no minimates at all, a few old animated sets or 15-20 movie sets that aren't going to sell anytime in the near future.

Ā 

I don't even care to guess what's in the next wave.Ā Ā I've got one foot out the door with Minimates at this point.

Ā 

Edited by MisterMiracle

I was hoping for an extra Thor head that I could add an eyepatch to, but I've been finding them plenty, I just haven't felt like spending full price for just a head (despite having bought a Minimate 4-pack before for one accessory - don't judge me).

No new Animated or Infinity War at northeastern DuPage County/northwestern Cook County. ?Ā 

I have vacation coming up in a couple weeks and I plan to take a day just hitting as many Walgreens stores as I can. I think there are 30 or so within about 25 miles of me....

3 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I was hoping for an extra Thor head that I could add an eyepatch to, but I've been finding them plenty, I just haven't felt like spending full price for just a head (despite having bought a Minimate 4-pack before for one accessory - don't judge me).

What accessory? I bought extras of the first Ant-Man box set to get Hopeā€™s hair for TMNT Irma.

18 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

Ā (despite having bought a Minimate 4-pack before for one accessory - don't judge me)..Ā 

?

But did you pay full price for it? I pick up old box sets for cheap from Luke so 2 or 3 accessories or charactersĀ 

Well, I got 3 right. Rocket, Dracula and Venom.

Also getting Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Evil Black Widow, Hammerhead and Adam Warlock.

I like Hammerhead for being a new character that could pass for a comic book minimate. I like Warlock for being an interesting new look that could also blend w/ comics imo (I don't know that he's ever worn this exact look, but it's similar enough). I like Rocket for looking a little more comic-y frankly... We've never gotten a comic book set of Guardians, and this Rocket at least looks a little more illustrative than the movie versions.

As for the rest... Strange & Ghost Rider look decent, if not amazing. Ghost Rider looks a little bare bones, as minimates go. Aside from his flaming head, he's a blank minimate, which rarely seems to happen anymore outside of Spider-Man. I'm surprised Dracula was actually correct (saw someone guess him earlier and thought it a longshot)... that said, I wish they'd given him a more classic look... instead of a rehash of the one Dracula minimate we already have (that said, if this is what he looks like in the cartoon, I guess this is what he looks like in the cartoon)... I have no idea what's going on with that Widow, but I don't like her. Not a knock on the minimate, just a knock on the animated design. Doesn't ring true to the character. And I don't like her blonde.Ā Is that Natasha or Yelena? I don't watch the cartoon. ANYWAY... Venom... meh. Looks like 100 other symbiote minimates we've gotten in the past. I feel like I could reconstruct virtuallyĀ the same minimate from similar existing parts.

BUT As I always say... I'm a completionist, so I'm going to buy them all anyway and be happy to find them,Ā lol. Still love the line, but with 1000s of figures, they can't all be favorites.