UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

8 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

It would be amazing if DST was able to get licensing for the DC comics animated movies.

Walgreens could throw their weight behind such a request. A manufacturer alone is one thing but when a retailer (especially the second-largest pharmacy company in the U.S.) expresses demand, licensors find a way.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, jjwspider said:

Is anyone else having issues finding the last wave at Walgreens?  I've been unable to track down Spider-Gwen or Stealth Spidey yet and I've been fairly successful with the last few waves. 

It took me 7 Walgreens to find this wave. The stores have stopped getting in every wave and are now only getting them in if they need new stock. Same w the movie mates. Out of those 7 stores only 2 ever got in the Infinity War due to a glut of Thor/Black Panther packs. At least around me the sale did nothing to thin out the peg warmers.

4 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

It took me 7 Walgreens to find this wave. The stores have stopped getting in every wave and are now only getting them in if they need new stock. Same w the movie mates. Out of those 7 stores only 2 ever got in the Infinity War due to a glut of Thor/Black Panther packs. At least around me the sale did nothing to thin out the peg warmers.

That happened to me back around Animated Wave 2 or 3. Never did see those in stores, had to pick up most of them using a hodgepodge of ebay/Luke. Luckily my local stores seem to have shaken that habit off and stock new waves regularly now.

What I found funny is my hometown store still had their minimate shelf completely bare from the recall, other than the 4 packs of the new wave. It was 2 completely empty pegs, with just the 4 sets I was looking for dangling awkwardly in the middle. I assume they have all their other minimates in a pulled from shelf box in the back somewhere.

Still no sighting of the Modok/Wasp minimate sets at my local walgreens. Maybe they will be available this weekend. Hey does anyone happen to have 2 extra animated Proxima Midnight minimates, that they are willing to part with? Im really just lookin for the left arms for a custom im workin on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2018 at 11:20 PM, jjwspider said:

Is anyone else having issues finding the last wave at Walgreens?  I've been unable to track down Spider-Gwen or Stealth Spidey yet and I've been fairly successful with the last few waves. 

Yep, I haven’t seen anything at any of the stores I frequent. The sale (which I missed) cleared out some space but there are still a few packs at each location. I really hope we aren’t going back to the old distribution method where seemingly random stores receive new waves. I only want the Wasp pack but haven’t seen it yet.

1 hour ago, TENIME_art said:

Newest wave is Jackal/Wasp, right?

Right!

I’ve been checking every other day, and it’s all Black Panther/Infinity War. I’ve always had problems getting new waves at my stores. It wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t skip sometimes. ?

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

I broke down and wound up picking up Stealth Spidey and Spider-Gwen individually, but still wouldn't mind finding either/both these sets complete.  Very frustrating that Walgreens still haven't figured out how to appropriately distribute their product across their stores, especially after being able to find the previous 2-3 releases fairly easily.

I found the Wasp/Modok set and the Stealth Spidey/Screwball set today. The other two sets were no where to be found but I wasn’t too interested in them. Wasp is definitely the highlight, can’t wait to get the MCU version now. I found another spidey/screwball set here in Central NJ 

54 minutes ago, mc2109 said:

I found the Wasp/Modok set and the Stealth Spidey/Screwball set today. The other two sets were no where to be found but I wasn’t too interested in them. Wasp is definitely the highlight, can’t wait to get the MCU version now. I found another spidey/screwball set here in Central NJ 

I was excited when they announced wasp, but then I was like "just wait a few months and get the superior movie version" 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So looks like a couple of Walgreens wave 9 are on eBay now, Kraven and Hobgoblin sets. At the low low price of quadruple retail plus shipping. Good grief.  I'd be happy if wave 8 would just show up. Or Infinity War wave 2. 

Edited by MrClean

4 hours ago, MrClean said:

So looks like a couple of Walgreens wave 9 are on eBay now, Kraven and Hobgoblin sets. At the low low price of quadruple retail plus shipping. Good grief.  I'd be happy if wave 8 would just show up. Or Infinity War wave 2. 

I haven't even found wave 8 yet, but I'm I've been lucky to find a set of the Infinty war wave 2 out of the 10 stores I visted damn you walgreens.

On 6/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, lopez888 said:

I haven't even found wave 8 yet, but I'm I've been lucky to find a set of the Infinty war wave 2 out of the 10 stores I visted damn you walgreens.

Same here for Wave 8.  Walgreens has to be losing quite a few sales by not being able to distribute this line in a timely fashion or to a majority of their stores.  It seems as though as soon as a Wave sells through, they inundate the store with older waves, which removes them from potentially getting the newer figures in the line.  As a result, the waves get stuck warming the pegs and frustrates their customers actually looking for the product, leading to fewer and fewer visits (at least that's been my experience).  I'm not sure how else to tell a company that I would love to do business with them and track down products I enjoy (minimates and POP's), yet very rarely do I ever find said products in store.  So frustrating....