UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

I would encourage anyone who isn’t seeing the buy one, get one tag to ask at the register, about half of the Walgreens I have been to trying to catch up on ‘mates I was missing did not have the tag out but they ring up on sale anyway. It applies to the Marvel movie and animated ones as well. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/25/2018 at 7:50 AM, DSTZach said:

Not sure if you guys saw, but in advance of Series 8 hitting on April 1, Walgreens is having a Buy One, Get One sale on all Marvel Animated Minimates. 

We'll reveal Series 9 closer to the Series 8 release. Not aware of any changes at this time. It's a cool wave, too. One GOTG set, one Avengers set, two Spidey sets. I think you'll like it, as there's one fairly comic-accurate character you've only gotten from a movie, and one fairly movie-accurate character that you've only gotten as a comic version. Plus some other cool cartoon-specific designs. 

Korg and Grandmaster action. I want that.

10 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

Potentially unpopular opinion time:

I prefer cartoon Carol and Rulk to their main line releases. Although, for the latter, I did switch out heads and Fists. I just prefer the muted colors and waist riser on him, I guess

The colors are definitely part of the charm for me. Some designs I like more than others but I love the way these blend in with the Best of/Greatest Hits assortments when it comes to paint apps.

See, for me, her mask / helmet always looked pretty streamlined in the comics. So to have it be a Separate piece never quite worked for me. And I never felt like her hair was being represented quite the way it was in the comics. I honestly bought her to use the hair to make modern dazzler, but changed my mind when I saw how well I liked the figure on the Shelf. And yes, to me, the colors look better on her than the regular release as well

• 1 month later...

If anyone has/sees a spare scuba spidey (his name is so forgettable) -- either singly, or in the 2-pack -- drop me a line. :)

2 hours ago, homestar17 said:

If anyone has/sees a spare scuba spidey (his name is so forgettable) -- either singly, or in the 2-pack -- drop me a line. :)

With whom is he packed? I tend to know what is at my local Walgreens stores by the non-main hero side of the set.

Found Wave 8 today in PA.  Modok/Wasp set definitely got the budget for this wave, rest are bare bones. Still can’t look at jackal and not think of Beast Boy. Not sure why they went w Whitney Frost on the package instead of Madam Masque.kaH6NN7.jpg

keROuXg.jpg

MUeVgpt.jpg     

Edited by fwoosheyman