UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

Aside from the distribution and chase around town to various Walgreens, I like the Animated waves. I’m an old school comic reader who prefers the 70’s and 80’s looks, but these days, the minimate comic waves that are based on current stories are lost on me. Comics are so unreadable for anyone jumping in that I don’t know who half of them are anymore. At least with the Animated stuff I have some connection as I can watch the cartoons without feeling like I have to watch 20 different shows just to know what’s going on.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Prowlar said:

Another standard Miles? Come on and mix it up once in a while and make a translucent gray version representing his stealth/invisibility powers.

Yes! This, please this.

Am I the only one a little disappointed to see the shift over to "Spider-Man" from the Ultimate Spidey line?  I was really hoping to see some of the other spiders show up, like Blood Spider, Wolf Spider, Steel Spider (updated costume) and the Spider-Slayers.  Now, it doesn't appear that any of these are likely to be made, as these were unique characters or had costumes significantly different (IMO improved) than their comic counterparts. 

If you mean they don't have alt looks, that's correct. Captain Marvel has purple energy effects. She and Vulture have flight stands.  The Spideys have weblines and leaping stands. Otherwise, I believe everything else is shown. 

Edited by DSTZach

3 hours ago, FightTheDead118 said:

I still think its ridiculous that we could’ve gotten a spider ham figure but instead we got that stupid and useless spider girl Samurai Spider-Man figure.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Yeah I'm definitely going to need that Capbuster. I don't watch these shows so I'm not familiar with why there are Hulkbusters in most of the incarnations. Honestly I don't care either. DST is getting some mileage out of the AoU Hulkbuster tools and I'm getting some cool 'buster figures for my Hall of Armor and that's good enough for me.

Iron Man made the Buster Armors for the 5 non-Hulk avengers (6 with IM) ‘just in case.’ They all used them to battle Thanos when he tried to take over reality. The Banner-Buster came about when the Leader attacked the Avengers after siphoning Hulk’s gamma energy. Banner made the armor to prove his worth without the green guy. More or less the history of them.

Edited by Onyx_6
Forgot there are 7 Avengers in the show

13 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Iron Man made the Buster Armors for the 5 non-Hulk avengers (6 with IM) ‘just in case.’ They all used them to battle Thanos when he tried to take over reality. The Banner-Buster came about when the Leader attacked the Avengers after siphoning Hulk’s gamma energy. Banner made the armor to prove his worth without the green guy. More or less the history of them.

Thanks Miry Onyx! :thumbsup: As someone who doesn't follow the show I'm glad at least the concepts are authentic. I guess I'm gonna need to build an Avengers armory to display all these.

17 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Thanks for that info. Sounds like a cool story.  Who are the other Avengers that got Buster armors? Hulk, Cap...