UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

I'll be picking up Medusa as a placeholder, the rest are an easy pass. Which is good because finding these things is insanely hard.

I don't watch these shows so I have no clue what he looks like but I was hoping Abomination could pass for a comic version. Unfortunately he's unrecognizable. I've got a feeling it will be a very long time before we see another one :(

Edited by bigvis497

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No crackles, but Blackagar Boltagon will have a sonic scream piece, in blue.

Osborne's mask comes off, standard face with protective head covering underneath, sorry no pic.

No alt hair for Medusa that I am aware of. We did the same thing with our Marvel Gallery PVC.

Well Abomination and Medusa are locks. And the my son will want the Iron Fist and White Tiger.

9 minutes ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

That deal isn't going through. Anti-monopoly issues. They are only getting about half of Rite-Aid stores, not the whole company.

Yeah, I posted the story last page. Half is better than none in my sad neck of the woods. Either way it helps my hunt, and hopefully DST's quantities going forward.

These look awesome the only weird thing I thought why were we getting green goblin again, so I guess I could have live without that abomination but its still cool to get. Of course now I want the rest of the Inhumans (but I wanted them before anyway lol)

WG6IronFistSpidey-1.jpg

WG6IronPatriotTiger-1.jpg

WG6AbominationVision-1.jpg

WG6BlackBoltMedusa-1.jpg

It's nice to think we'll be more likely to get a 616 Medusa out of this sculpt. I just hope the paint apps will match the first Black Bolt release. I'm a little disappointed this BB doesn't have a slip-on mask like the first one. And I'm wondering what Spidey looks like under that armor.

This is another fun wave for me. Glad to see these shows are getting some closure on the Minimates side before the new ones hit.

Honest to god, I genuinely thought that Abomination was "Ultimate" Green Goblin until I read otherwise. Doesn't capture the likeness well imo.

I'm usually okay with using animated mates as stand-ins for comic ones, but this one doesn't work imo. REALLY hope he doesn't hurt our chances of getting a comic update down the road.

Yeah I agree re the abomination.  I'm mostly very happy to display the animated 'mates alongside the comic ones but the abomination looks pretty different.  However, VERY happy to finally see Medusa - great news!!  With her and Surtur it's been a good day!

Edited by stegron01

Medusa and Black Bolt look good enough to pass for modern comic versions. Unfortunately for me, it's classic Kirby renditions I want to see. So I'm very very hopeful that DST will remember us old-timer fans and re-use that Medusa hair piece sooner than later.

As it is, the feelings about this Medusa I have are much like the ones I had when that Marvel Zombies Black Panther came out. "Oh man, if only it was the REAL one".

I can only echo the chant of Abomination looking like Ultimate Goblin and hope we'll get a classic bulky version of Blonsky one day soon as well. 

The other stuff in this line is for you cartoon fans. Doesn't look bad... just not my cup of tea. 

As sad as it is to say, I don't have an Abomination other than the movie version. So, I'll gladly take this one. If I switch out the thigh covers to something matching his skin tone I think he'll look groovy. 

Damn stoked to get Medusa. I really hope we see some more of the royal family.  Now if only I can find a Lockjaw at a decent price.

I'll be buying the Medusa hair and hopefully working up a classic 616 body to put it onto. It's looks like a damn nice sculpt and I'm glad the ears are part of it. BB looks ok but the lack of a slip on mask is bothersome to me. I'll stick with the original. 

Edited by Ronan The Accuser