UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

I was shocked to find Series 3 & 4 within a week of eachother the last... well week or two.

I found/bought out an entire Wave 3 at my local Walgreens (first time finding it in the wild), then I'm pretty sure they immediately restocked it with Wave 4 the following week. Which I also bought out. Never gotten two consecutive full waves so quickly without ordering them online.

The only slight peeve of the whole situation is Wave 2.5 seems to have passed over my area entirely. Never saw a single one. Lingering packs from Wave 2 warmed shelves for months at every local Walgreens, until Suddenly 3 & 4 appeared. The kicker is, the Wave 2 packs are still there warming. 3 & 4 stocking seems to have sidestepped 2. Wheras 2.5 never came because 2 never sold out. (Which makes a certain degree of sense, but is still irksome)

So I guess now I have to track down 2.5 on ebay.

:/

PS. I just want to say, I'm loving the effort Walgreens is putting into lineups for these waves. They really seem to be trying to cater to us as collectors, in addition to releasing the mandatory Spideys, Hulks & Iron Men. Beyond even letting us choose Man-Thing & Squirrel Girl... they're working in some really obscure unreleased characters in these waves and I love it. If only they could do Comic Book waves in addition to Animated, I'd be in Heaven.

As a fan of the cancelled book Exiles, I'm super happy to have Hyperion & Power Princess. (Even if I don't yet have Power Princess... grr... 2.5, lol)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/12/2017 at 0:01 PM, Gillbob316 said:

The only slight peeve of the whole situation is Wave 2.5 seems to have passed over my area entirely. Never saw a single one. Lingering packs from Wave 2 warmed shelves for months at every local Walgreens, until Suddenly 3 & 4 appeared. The kicker is, the Wave 2 packs are still there warming. 3 & 4 stocking seems to have sidestepped 2. Wheras 2.5 never came because 2 never sold out. (Which makes a certain degree of sense, but is still irksome)

ALL of my Walgreens just restocked this week with CASES of Series 1.  3 full sets each.  I'm never going to see the new stuff when it comes out.  

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Beyond Squirrel Girl and Man Thing, I believe artist/product manager Barry is choosing the line-ups, although Walgreens (and Chuck) approves them -- but I may be wrong. You should like Series 5. Series 6 too. 

Zach, are you able to provide any hints about series 5 and 6? The animated line has been pretty great, in my opinion

On 1/26/2017 at 0:05 AM, DSTZach said:

Series 5:

One new Spider-Verser (female)

One new Symbiote (male)

One never-made hero (female)

One never-made villain (female)

Two rarely made villains (male, one a highly requested re-do)

Two Iron Man variants (male, one with removable armor)

On 1/26/2017 at 6:50 PM, DSTZach said:

Some good guesses, except for Silk and Spider-Gwen. As far as I can tell, neither has been on Ultimate Spider-Man.

Series 5 will have one set from USM and three from Avengers Assemble.  

On 1/26/2017 at 7:10 PM, DSTZach said:

The new Spider-Verser has never been made.

The new symbiote is a new pairing.

I may have been wrong about the Spider-verser never having been made. Sorry.

Series 5 will be revealed on 4/21.

Series 6 has some highly requested re-dos and I think at least one or two unmade characters.

Kamala Kahn, Captain Marvel Carol, Black Bolt and Medusa, Inferno and a bunch of other Inhumans they made up, and Ultron.

Red Hulk (S.M.A.S.H. Version), too. He replaced Hulk for a short spell.

Looking at the clues, the only characters on that list that would be possible are Medusa or Kamala for the unmade female hero.

If the Spider-Verser isn't new, the only possibilities I can think of are Mary Jane Watson Spider-Woman or Jessica Drew Black Widow.

I still think the symbiote is Carnage-Hulk.

Abomination or the Leader are the only two villains I can think of who would make sense and have been demanded as re-dos, with Abomination being the more likely of the two.

Absorbing Man and Titania would fit as the remaining villains, but realistically it could be anyone.

I have no idea what the IM armours could be.

The Igor Armor just showed up in a Guardians of the Galaxy episode. Or it could be any of the teammate Hulkbuster armors from when they fought Thanos.

4 hours ago, RedTiger95 said:

The two armors could be the underwater suit or that futuristic suit he used against Kang the Conqueror. The female villain could Meteorite from the Thunderbolts.

We got Meteorite as Moonstone though.

EDIT: Looking at the AA wiki, the only characters besides Titania who really makes sense for the new female villain are Hela and Yelena Belova. There are a few others, but they're mostly members of teams that don't work with the clues.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

43 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

They're still too different costumes I'd like to see. Besides the chances of finding a Moonstone out in the wild that doesn't require blood as payment are very slim. 

Yeah, even if Osbolts Moonstone was readily available I'd much rather get her 90's Meteorite costume, along with the rest of the classic T-Bolts, or at least the initial roster. I was just pointing out that she didn't follow the clues, I'd love to see the Thunderbolts get released similarly to the Squadron Supremister.

19 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Yeah, even if Osbolts Moonstone was readily available I'd much rather get her 90's Meteorite costume, along with the rest of the classic T-Bolts, or at least the initial roster. I was just pointing out that she didn't follow the clues, I'd love to see the Thunderbolts get released similarly to the Squadron Supremister.

Let's just get a Moonstone Through the Ages!

Classic Masters of Evil, Meteorite, OsBolts Moonstone Update, Dark Ms Marvel Update.