UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On October 9, 2016 at 10:05 AM, suicidewatch said:

Disney is cancelling Ultimate Spider-Man  after this season and rebooting the show as Spider-Man in 2017, with Peter back in highschool and without all the stupid SHIELD agent nonsense. Hopefully this new show isn't garbage and gives us some more classic takes on Spidey's villains. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/10/08/exclusive-new-marvel-spider-man-animated-series/91775698/

I just got word that licensees will have until September 2017 to use Ultimate Spider-Man. If there are any figures DST's missing, now's the time to come up with one least wish list, I suppose.

I've also seen character art from Marvel's Spider-Man and the designs are pretty cool. They're fresh but familiar. There's one Spidey variant in particular that I'm interested in seeing Art Asylum tackle simply using matte and glossy paint.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I just got word that licensees will have until September 2017 to use Ultimate Spider-Man. If there are any figures DST's missing, now's the time to come up with one least wish list, I suppose.

I've also seen character art from Marvel's Spider-Man and the designs are pretty cool. They're fresh but familiar. There's one Spidey variant in particular that I'm interested in seeing Art Asylum tackle simply using matte and glossy paint.

Pics?

Spider-Ham, White Tiger, Iron Fist and Doc Ock come to mind. Maybe Kraven if we're lucky. He is a recurring character in the past season. That'd give us a pretty good sinister six. After those four (five), I'm content with the Ultimate Spidey characters we've received.

8 hours ago, MisterPL said:

If we're looking at September 2017, I would guess that we could possibly have 2 potential animated waves with Ultimate Spider-Man left.  Going by the 4 Spidey characters per wave trend, I would love to see the following:

- Blood Spider
- Wolf Spider
- Steel Spider
- Spider Soldier (black and red soldier design by Norman Osborn)

I wouldn't mind seeing White Tiger, MJ Spider-Woman and Spider-Ham as well. 

He had his own comic book series, "Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham" (Marvel's Star Comics imprint) back in the 80s (?), and has appeared off and on since.

(edit to add title and ?, as I may have my decade wrong)

Edited by JediJohnson

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I'd share but I like my job. :D

Very nice!  I'm looking forward to seeing some more images surrounding the new show.  Also looking forward to the NYCC promo being released. 

Since we're talking about the new series, Zach - does the license for the animated line include all animated properties, including future shows, or only those that were on the air at the time the license started?