UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

On 10/7/2016 at 9:45 PM, Heinous said:

Just saw a close up pic of Iron skull, why does DST insist on using arms that severely limited poses and play-ability? 

Insist? Once every few waves seems like the opposite of insisting. They look cool, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices in the name of coolness.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/6/2016 at 10:37 PM, Heinous said:

Ultimate green Goblin? Kinda glad it's not abomination now, that suit is stupid 

Abomination only appeared on one episode of Ultimate Spider-Man, and he never wore a shirt. Ultimate Green Goblin is a major series antagonist. And he pretty much looked like this in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics, just with horns.

Disney is cancelling Ultimate Spider-Man  after this season and rebooting the show as Spider-Man in 2017, with Peter back in highschool and without all the stupid SHIELD agent nonsense. Hopefully this new show isn't garbage and gives us some more classic takes on Spidey's villains. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/10/08/exclusive-new-marvel-spider-man-animated-series/91775698/

Edited by suicidewatch

On 10/7/2016 at 8:45 PM, Heinous said:

Just saw a close up pic of Iron skull, why does DST insist on using arms that severely limited poses and play-ability? 

Ugh.  Those arms are the worst.  DST needs to quit using Those.

6 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

Disney is cancelling Ultimate Spider-Man  after this season and rebooting the show as Spider-Man in 2017, with Peter back in highschool and without all the stupid SHIELD agent nonsense. Hopefully this new show isn't garbage and gives us some more classic takes on Spidey's villains. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/10/08/exclusive-new-marvel-spider-man-animated-series/91775698/

Makes sense, the series has pretty much run its course, I'm assuming it'll still be in the Marvel Animated Universe with GotG and Avengers Assemble, so it'll be a tad weird to reboot it since but I guess most of the cross overs have occurred on the Spiderman show.

I have to say, I do think the Iron Man arms that are used on Iron Skull are cool. They have much more detailing, give the mechanical armored look without having a big bulky add on piece. Not sure what kind of poses and play people are trying to do that is that severely limited by these shoulders....

16 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

What are these arms that everyone seems to hate?  I don't remember ever hearing any complaints about that before.

They are the Iron Man arms from most of the latest MCU and Animated IM mates.  I don't think they are that bad, but they do limit the outward movement so that it's mostly just up and down.

Edited by Zylek

First seen with IM3. The arms effectively turn the ball joint into a swivel joint with no lateral movement, only up/down.  I don't think they add a whole lot visually.  CW Falcon's arms, with a similar design, manage to retain full range of motion.

I haven't found them locally yet either, but they tend to take a while to show up around here.  I want Nighthawk and Man-Thing.  All the other waves are available around here, just in different stores.  There was a re-stock on the Taskmaster wave at the location next to my office.

12 minutes ago, Gmonkey2k said:

I absolutely love this wave! only a few minor nitpicks i have for Hyperion ( but still love the figure) and Bravo to that photo of jetpack Spidey, what a great action shot, and decision to go sideways with the flame stand!

3 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

I absolutely love this wave! only a few minor nitpicks i have for Hyperion ( but still love the figure) and Bravo to that photo of jetpack Spidey, what a great action shot, and decision to go sideways with the flame stand!

Thank you! I stood on a street corner holding him up in the air and taking pictures of him for 15 minutes to get that shot. It's amazing how doing this as part of my job makes me care much less whether people think I'm crazy.