UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, CortherX said:

oh great, i didn't realize i had competition! i'm in ne, myself. not sure if you've come out this way. i've seen all the previous waves so far, so i'm hoping these'll pop up!

As far as I know there are at least 3-4 serious minimate collectors in NE Portland alone, and a whole lot more city wide. Add in those who come down from Washington to Jantzen beach TRU and you'll prob start to understand why you can never find anything.

I've not seen anything newer than the wave with the Black/Yellow Ironman in town.

T.

8 hours ago, boyd said:

I don't know. Off the top of my head I think Speed Demon and the Squadron Surpreme appeared first on the Avengers cartoon. 

If Whizzer were to get a Minimate, that would make the first Whizzer action figure (or probable merchandise) ever.

You;re right, Speed Demon was a statue in a 2013 AA episode and appeared in full in February 2015. Whizzer showed up on USM in April 2015. So they chose to use Speed Demon for the Squadron over Whizzer, leaving Whizzer free to join SHIELD.

And it looks like there are two Whizzer Heroclix, but I kind of assumed there were.

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I meant that must be why the SHOW went with Speed Demon for the Squadron. We have no plans to stop, so aside from us trying to be show-current, there's no reason for us NOT to make Whizzer. Ask DST! He's a classic character we've never made, and he'd be a good substitute for collectors to make the original comic Squadron, if a bit aged.

Sometimes I worry that I've become the crank that always writes in asking for more classic comic stuff and probably gets some eye rolls around the office and then ignored... ?

Not a knock against you guys... I just fret. 

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

And it looks like there are two Whizzer Heroclix, but I kind of assumed there were.

Aw man, I always forget about Heroclix. A Whizzer Minimate would definitely be the first Whizzer action figure. But it has to be done before Funco see all this Whizzer love and makes a Pop! of him.

14 minutes ago, boyd said:

Aw man, I always forget about Heroclix. A Whizzer Minimate would definitely be the first Whizzer action figure. But it has to be done before Funco see all this Whizzer love and makes a Pop! of him.

While there are Pops of many obscure characters and properties, there are surprisingly few Marvel characters.

13 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Sometimes I worry that I've become the crank that always writes in asking for more classic comic stuff and probably gets some eye rolls around the office and then ignored... ?

You're not alone, I'll take more classic stuff over modern costumes any day. Classic Falcon is perfect example. I know that there are good updated costumes, but I would rather have first appearance or an early updated costume first (I'm looking at you green skirt Jean Grey).

12 hours ago, bilbofett said:

You're not alone, I'll take more classic stuff over modern costumes any day. Classic Falcon is perfect example. I know that there are good updated costumes, but I would rather have first appearance or an early updated costume first (I'm looking at you green skirt Jean Grey).

Me too! Gimme the swell original stuff that everything was built from first. Because those classics don't go away. 

I bet I'm the only person ever who wants a minimate of Lord Vashti, the Elder. 

On 8/29/2016 at 3:53 AM, Mystery Man said:

You know we just planned a whole wave of classic stuff, right?

22 hours ago, JediJohnson said:

Zach, please make plans for WINTER HULK!

Is that based on a real thing? I'd rather see a Cosmic Hulk.

And we're making Speed Demon, by the way.

On 8/29/2016 at 3:53 AM, Mystery Man said:

It's definitely not just you.  I prefer the classic stuff over the new flavor of the month gimmicks that usually end up being scrapped not soon afterwards.

Same here. The classics never seem to change. If anything they generally tend to come back. The new stuff is fine but there seems to be a far greater chance that teams will never be completed because these new looks never last long enough. (All-New X-Men X-23, I'm looking at you.)

On 8/29/2016 at 2:16 PM, TBT! said:

As far as I know there are at least 3-4 serious minimate collectors in NE Portland alone, and a whole lot more city wide. Add in those who come down from Washington to Jantzen beach TRU and you'll prob start to understand why you can never find anything.

I've not seen anything newer than the wave with the Black/Yellow Ironman in town.

T.

This is exactly the sort of thing that makes me wonder if all these scalpers that everybody likes to bitch and moan about are more a fiction of mathematics then reality. It really only takes a few collectors in an area ( or maybe even the odd fan of Nighthawk or the unusual kid who thinks he might look cool with his hulk figure or heaven forbid someone helping out fellow collectors) and an area quickly becomes picked dry by "scalpers".

15 hours ago, DSTZach said:

You know we just planned a whole wave of classic stuff, right?

Is that based on a real thing? I'd rather see a Cosmic Hulk.

And we're making Speed Demon, by the way.

Do you mean series 68/69 (I'm dying for 'em!) or something else entirely?

Woo! Speed Demon!!

14 minutes ago, Mystery Man said:

Do you mean series 68/69 (I'm dying for 'em!) or something else entirely?

Woo! Speed Demon!!

I meant 69, since 68 is largely already-made characters (and yes, looks).

Just pointing out that we don't just roll our eyes at requests for classic characters and ignore them. We take them to heart. BUt the new characters and looks are also exciting. Scarlet Spider wants Whizzer AND Kamala Khan, which I think runs the gamut.