UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Spider Gwen will be making her animated debut soon, apparently with Spider Wolf,  Blood Spider, Webslinger the Spider Cowboy and Web Beard the Spider pirate.  That's not all, Rocket the raccoon and Howard the Duck will also be along for the Spider-verse ride.

jiz6m3oewpqvoeri5wtq.png

so maybe another Spider-Gwen I won't be able to find ;)

found all of 2.5 last night.  haven't had a chance to open them yet but they look great.  glad to have regular Thor and Iron Man, feels like Cap and Hulk have been waiting forever for their teammates.  Man-Thing looks awesome...really nice wave all around.

4 hours ago, EricM said:

So is wave 2.5 starting to show up more in stores? I'd really love to get Nighthawk and Power Princess.

@DSTZach are there plans for Doctor Spectrum and the Whizzer? 

Yes, although on the show Whizzer is Speed Demon, who I never knew was actually the original Whizzer.

I guess having a character named "Whizzer" on a kids' show would be... problematic?

22 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Yes, although on the show Whizzer is Speed Demon, who I never knew was actually the original Whizzer.

I guess having a character named "Whizzer" on a kids' show would be... problematic?

Call him number 1, and that's that.?

On 8/26/2016 at 4:12 PM, boyd said:

Oddly enough, the Whizzer has been on the Spider-Man cartoon as a teacher in SHIELD Academy. Complete with his classic yellow costume.

Ultimate_Spider-Man_Team-Up_with_Whizzer

Prior to the Squadron showing up? That might explain why they went with Speed Demon!

10 hours ago, hellpop said:

Found some of 'em in Delaware today.  Picked up the Nighthawk set; he's SO CLOSE to being perfect, but the tampo'd rather than sculpted mask is a bummer.  The cape is really cool, though.

Boop:

9F1DE7C7-5567-44E0-B3CC-D281D5042806_zps

Really tried to to like the slip on full masks but that just won't cut it for this guy.

Edited by Mystery Man

2 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Really wish we could get Whizzer. Damn, damn, damn. 

I meant that must be why the SHOW went with Speed Demon for the Squadron. We have no plans to stop, so aside from us trying to be show-current, there's no reason for us NOT to make Whizzer. Ask DST! He's a classic character we've never made, and he'd be a good substitute for collectors to make the original comic Squadron, if a bit aged.

Edited by DSTZach

17 minutes ago, CortherX said:

i'm about to scope out some walgreens here in Portland, Or. wish me luck!

Good luck, indeed. I've been making the rounds throughout most of the Portland/Beaverton/Tigard area for a couple weeks now and have yet to find any of the latest wave.

let me know if you come up with anything :)

14 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Prior to the Squadron showing up? That might explain why they went with Speed Demon!

I don't know. Off the top of my head I think Speed Demon and the Squadron Surpreme appeared first on the Avengers cartoon. 

If Whizzer were to get a Minimate, that would make the first Whizzer action figure (or probable merchandise) ever.