UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, they look good, but I'll be buying only the Taskmaster pack. Mostly for Taskmaster, and so that I can use the arms for my SpOck. It's just that the rest look too cartoony (Widow & IM look good, though that Thanos is kinda bad), though I guess they'll look better in the in-hand pics. Either way, UDON Taskmaster looks dope! Much better than I imagined actually, since I presumed they were gonna go with tampo on the shoulder pads. I'm so excited for him!

PS: Thanks for the link Valo!

Edited by Kostisfire

Kosti using "dope" over "brilliant" made me smile.

Black Widow looks awfully familiar cough* AoU cough*

The Dark Avengers look good. I'm assuming we'll get normal IM and Thor down the line. I rather have them.

Thanos looks good.

I love this Taskmaster, and it's cool to get Iron Spider in any way. They both look great.

I think I like the Gaurdians set. I'm glad to see Drax without the torso cover. Looking good.

Thanks Valo.

Yeah, well, rumour has it that Marvel's developing a Netflix MK show (it's from El Mayibe, who's kinda hit or miss, but due to Ellis' comments and some other rumours, I'm inclined to believe that he might be in P2 of the MNU), so yeah, I'm feeling hella dope! I mostly use brilliant when I watch Doctor Who. Huh, the affects of Pop Culture in our lives.

I thought the new Zenpool/spider-Gwen hood sculpt was perfect for a new Zartan, until just now! Thanks for your hood and shoulder armor Taskmaster!

edit: this could also look nice on a skeletor custom

I really like Drax, and Iron Spidey too. I'm 50/50 on Thanos. Thor and Iron Man, I'll wait and see (not costume colors i really like for them) I'd have liked to see Dark Cap, and Falcon instead. The Ladies... well, besides Wonder Woman, there I'm just not interested in female Minimates.

Edited by Nervous Rex

I'm assuming DST has access to info that will happen later in the shows, because I have no idea where they are getting the designs for Black Widow, Drax & Gamora.

Black Widow doesn't wear an outfit like that and Drax/Gamora wear blue not red ravagers-like outfits.

Thor/Thanos pack is an easy pass as well.

Taskmaster and the Iron Man look nice.

Drax and Taskmaster are the big winners here for me. I like this animated sub line a lot more than I thought I would. I haven't seen the show, but these Dark Avengers makes me wish that we had gotten more of the Justice Lords.

Edited by Turtle

I'm assuming DST has access to info that will happen later in the shows, because I have no idea where they are getting the designs for Black Widow, Drax & Gamora.

Black Widow doesn't wear an outfit like that and Drax/Gamora wear blue not red ravagers-like outfits.

I can't speak to the Guardians but that's Black Widow's look for Season 3. In S1 she went unzipped. In S2 she zipped up. Next season she's a little unzipped but sports the red emblem.

What I find odd is that DST is offering a S3 Black Widow after offering a Hulk and Cap from S1.

Yeah, well, rumour has it that Marvel's developing a Netflix MK show (it's from El Mayibe, who's kinda hit or miss, but due to Ellis' comments and some other rumours, I'm inclined to believe that he might be in P2 of the MNU), so yeah, I'm feeling hella dope! I mostly use brilliant when I watch Doctor Who. Huh, the affects of Pop Culture in our lives.

But since they won't be making Netflix minimates it would be a tad bitter sweet, I think a MK netflix series would be a great fit for Moon Knight.

The animated mates looked great, but does Drax have vampire teeth in the show?

Edited by Zylek

But since they won't be making Netflix minimates it would be a tad bitter sweet, I think a MK netflix series would be a great fit for Moon Knight.

The animated mates looked great, but does Drax have vampire teeth in the show?

Yeah, I know, and chances are El Mayibe's "lying", but meh, at the moment I'm feeling damn happy! But yeah, Netflix is a perfect fit for MK.

That Thor and Thanos look ridiculous. Like they look like early Minimates

All the rest I'm down for. That drax looks great, the puffed up chest on the movie version drives me nuts.

Taskmaster looks awesome also

I agree, I was looking forward to the reveal, and don't get me wrong, there are some that are real nice *ahem* iron spidy! Gamora! and taskmaster, I will pick up a full set of these! but the thanos and Thor look a little co splay gone wrong.

If Thor's helmet comes out like that, I'm going to need to improve it.

amqza9.jpg

The shading on Drax's mid-torso doesn't work with the tattoos. It just makes it look like another tattoo. And the fangs are weird. His teeth angle toward the edges of his mouth, not in the middle.

Gamora's outfit is off-model, but at least it resembles the basic shape of her outfit so far. I'm assuming Widow is from next year's season, but if she doesn't look like that in Ultron Revolution, I'm coming back to criticize it.

2ex3788.jpg2vdloci.jpg

This could be a really great line. Good character selection on Spidey and Avengers already, and GOTG is only on its fourth episode and already had classic-enough Foom and Grandmaster. But to keep people interested, there has to be the same attention to detail as every other Minimates line. Too much of a divide between what's on screen and what's in figure form isn't a good thing.

I like the taskmaster iron spidey pack. I might want to repaint spidey though to look more comic like. I also appreciate that they're trying to make thanos taller but I feel like he kinda looks silly for some reason.

I still love the GotG Star Lord pack though!!!

Will Luke carry these?

Edited by The Scarlet Spider