UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

same here i saw an episode of evolution growing up and i was turned off when i saw they were in high school or something and mystique was the principal, human night crawler and orange wolverine

I watched the first two seasons when they came out. I really liked it at the time, but yeah Wolvie and the X-Men was better

BTW, it wasn't a human Nightcrawler, he had a holographic projector much like what Beast would use in the 90's

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://marvel.com/news/toys/25145/join_forces_for_marvel_super_hero_spectacular

Marvel posted details of this 5 week (end of Sept through Oct) Marvel event and includes Series 1.5 pictures. Is Marvel jumping the gun or are we looking at an Oct release?

DST posted some pics of Coulson on Twitter last night and said the release date was December.

"Dr. Strange Marvel Minimates Select Figure"

I'm sure that's just an error but a guy can dream about a Dr. Strange assortment of Minimates, right?

Did someone say "Dream Wave Time"?!?!?

LCS:

Modern Doctor Strange (Red & Black, not sneakers)/Clea

Doctor Voodoo/Baron Mordo

Umar/Mindless One

Nightmare/Mindless One

TRU:

Astral Doctor Strange/Wong

Magik/Classic Dormammu

But we'll probably get a movie wave, which'll look something like this:

Doctor Strange/Baron Mordo

Clea/Dormammu or Mephisto or Nightmare (depends who Mads is playing, since it's pretty much confirmed that he'll be casted)

Ancient One/Mindless One (almost all marvel movies have some evil army)

Wong/Mindless One

Edited by Kostisfire

DST has to do at least a few movie Strange figures. Anything for a Minimate of Bedknobdrunk Camperbotch.

But just copying Hasbro's SDCC ML Vishanti set would be great. The only reason I didn't buy it was because I knew I'd be ticking off somebody else who wanted it more.

Back to Walgreen's, the only figure I feel got the short end of the stick was Groot. The movie version was ridiculously detailed, and without a single line on his back he looks a little bit incomplete. But everybody else is pretty great and I'm ready for 1.5.

My wish list figure would be Armored Drax. It's a good look and the source of another great literal response. Cosmo is probably a long shot. Nebula could look better animated than in movie style.

A comic book assortment of Dr. Strange Minimates would be the best ever.

Wong, Clea, Mordo, Mindless Ones, the Ancient One, masked Dr. Strange with an astral Strange variant.

True, a Dr. Strange wave would be magical...rimshot.gif

If I had to come up with a dream line-up though, for just an LCS wave with no tie-ins, I'd do it something like this:

Modern Doctor Strange (Black & Red)/Baron Mordo

Doctor Voodoo (with 2 heads, one normal, one with the skull paint)/Clea

Nightmare/Wong

Bondage Magik (she studied under Strange, plus, she has ties to Limbo and the Dark Dimension)/Mindless One*

*Only one army builder so as to get more characters. Might hinder AB, but we'll be getting more figs.

Yeah, yeah, it might need more Strange figs to become a real assortment, but, honestly, this'd be my dream wave.

I'll keep saying this every time Dr. Strange 'mates are brought up... Krugarr! We even have a snake body already.

krugarr.jpg

Also, watched the first couple episodes of the GotG cartoon, still think that would be a great way to get the movie figures we didn't get (Korath and Cosmo featured heavily in the episodes I watched yesterday, and The Collector is coming up!)

I think at this point I just want to know how Funko gets away with making random "Look! It's Stan Lee!" crap but DST can't even make an actual character from an actual television show that happens to use his approved likeness.

It's like saying you can make all the Tara Strong merchandise you want but you can't make any of the characters she has voiced. And really, if you put your face on a Funko product you should pretty much waive your rights to pick and choose where it appears.

21ero7n.jpg