UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snagged Spidey 2099 which was all I wanted... But then took another look at the Spidey/Electro pack and ended up picking it up too. Minimates are awesomely addictive. Hope these Walgreens exclusives do well. It's amazing to walk into Walgreens and find cool toys.

rofl.gif

I'm a huge fan of Galoob's Action Fleet line of Star Wars vehicles. Like Minimates, it wasn't something I ever thought I'd be interested in but once I got into them, I couldn't wait for the next assortment.

One of the things that made the line fun was that there was always a hidden feature, something that was never called out on the packaging, just a little extra that you'd get to discover yourself. They never even advertised it.

This brought me back to those fun days. smile.png

Now that that's out of the way, how about including a tube of lube so I can get the headpieces off a little easier? I expected trouble from Cap's mask and Star-Lord's helmet (still haven't managed to pry that off) but even Hulk's hair was stuck.

(Better?)

I don't know if I knew he was doing to glow in the dark when I wrote the packaging text. Heck, I don't know if I knew he was going to glow in the dark when I approved the packaging.

I assume the product manager knew he was going to glow in the dark when he approved the packaging, but he has a lot to keep track of, and we may not have waited for his feedback in the rush to get it done.

I did mention it in our press release and promotional video.

Not that I think the Ultimate Spider-Man 2-pack isn't going to sell through on the strength of the title character alone but I'm wondering why Electro's glow-in-the-dark feature wasn't called out on the packaging. That's gonna be a fun surprise for the unsuspecting.

giphy.gif

That is perfect. I loled quite a bit.

This may have been already mentioned (and my apologies if I missed it), but did anyone search the Walgreens website for "minimates"?

You'll be surprised by the search results for sure!

I grabbed the GotG and Spidey 2099/Agent Venom sets this week. I swapped out Star-lord's legs with the movie version, and he is pretty much perfect. Miguel and Venom are both pretty great. The QC on mine are spectacular. No stuck parts or joints. Clean paint apps. I was worried after the Axis wave. Bravo, DST.

Look what I found in the Avengers Assemble finale (up right corner):

dM7iD3O.jpg

I think everyone from the pic will be appearing next season (Carol and T'Challa have been confirmed), so get on it DST! Or don't I mean, I'm not the CEO or anything. But I am a guy on the Internet, and that automatically makes me feel important dammit!

Edited by Kostisfire