UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And by the way, why are the characters who prominently use firearms, like Agent Venom and Crossbones, getting the shaft on guns? I see the ML Agent Venom loaded with weapons along with a Master Chief figure from Halo sporting a plasma rifle warming the pegs at every Walgreens in my area! Can someone explain this to me?

I don't know about Crossbones, but the little I've seen of Agent Venom in the cartoon, he doesn't appear to use guns

Florida represent! We've won the bragging rights for the most Walgreens!

It's cuz FL Walgreens sells liquor. :)

I just need Noir Spider-Man....PLEASE!!

Those of you who watch the show, what is the backstory for Iron Spidey? Is it still Peter Parker?

'Tis Cho.

There will not be any more animated-style Minimates at TRU.

Is that because they're not moving or because Walgreens wants them exclusively? And are you talking about Marvel specifically or animated style 'mates (like TMNT) in general?

I was at TRU today finally checking out the Star Wars stuff (gotta wonder WTF LFL was thinking when they licensed die cast to both Hasbro AND Mattel but that's another topic) and I noticed the animated Spidey 'mates weren't moving at all. Unless they put out another case (and I hope they did) these don't appear to be moving. Then again, there's the same oversaturation of Ultimate Spider-Man product as there is SpongeBob Squarepants so I can certainly understand it.

I'm sure most of the board won't lament the loss.

Im a San Diego based collector, and yesterday while at the Chula Vista Walgreens (for those familiar) , I hustled my way to the toy aisle and boom; there was the 2099 pack waiting for me. Now I was only interested in Spiderman, so I gave my friend Agent Venom. As we leave the aisle, I see someone eagerly make there way to the to section,making a quick glance at the 2 pack that rests in my hand. I made a passing comment to my friend saying "I bet hes looking for the pack we just got", and laugh about the odds of that being the case. It turns out, that was the case, and as I get ready to pay for the figures, I look behind me and see him still in the toy aisle with a disappointed look on his face.

So if youre on this board reading this right now.....sorry about that! Hahaha :D

Looked up stock online, found 2 Walgreens near me (Atlanta, GA) that had them listed in stock. One didn't have any out, but the 2nd one did. Got the whole series. Glad to have that done until December.....

I was a bit disappointed there was no Flash head for Agent Venom.

TRU 20 is still hanging on pegs at my store.

Now I'm wondering if TRU pulling out of animated Marvel 'mates will mean Walgreens will have to commit to ordering more to justify the expense of the license amendment. TRU's numbers are pretty significant from what we've been told. Them not taking anymore of these could mean the end of this line extension.

I was just talking about Marvel Animated Minimates.

This line was never planned to be at both retailers, the timing is wholly coincidental, based on retailer schedules.

The line has a future at Walgreens, and that was never dependent on any other retailer. As long as Walgreens is interested in remaining the exclusive home of Marvel Animated Minimates, I believe we are moving forward. So support Walgreens, please.

TRU 20 was a one-off, Ult. Spidey-themed assortment, and was put together before Walgreens came on board. TRU 21 was always planned to be comic based, long before TRU 20 even came out. We announced it at SDCC. TRU will continue to have Marvel Comics and movie Minimates, and TMNT Minimates. Same as always.

Make sense?

Edited by DSTZach