UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found some in Middle TN! Got the only pack I really wanted, Spidey 2099. Haven't opened just yet. The Spidey and electro pack looks great, but Spidey's face is very off center. Also, the amount Walgreen's is getting worries me. For sure. One of each is a scary number.

Release dates mean nothing apparently

I was rather surprised that I checked to Walgreens on Friday and neither had done anything. Not only had no mates been put out (both stores showed as "in stock") but neither had put out any new Star Wars merchandise. Considering the massive success that was Force Friday, it seems like many stores may have missed out.

I figured Force Friday would necessitate a toy aisle reset, hence the 9/4 date, but it seems not every store has the same schedule.

And some stores seem to be getting two of each, based on reports I've seen here. Some may even get more. But my understanding is that every single Walgreens will get these, and with a couple of exceptions (VT and ND), most states have between 11 and 853 locations. Anyone live in Florida? biggrin.png

http://news.walgreens.com/fact-sheets/store-count-by-state.htm

http://www.walgreens.com/storelistings/storesbystate.jsp?requestType=locator

Edited by DSTZach

One employee I called was really helpful and held a set for me (the only "case" they received) which was SUPER KIND.

The other store had a place on the shelf for them but no sets and didn't know when they'd have them in. I hope they'll be good about restocking these.

I've only opened the Hulk set but I already love the colors on him as opposed to my last "go to" Hulk rant was the "Best Of" model.

Edited by Mystery Man

I figured Force Friday would necessitate a toy aisle reset, hence the 9/4 date, but it seems not every store has the same schedule.

And some stores seem to be getting two of each, based on reports I've seen here. Some may even get more. But my understanding is that every single Walgreens will get these, and with a couple of exceptions (VT and ND), most states have between 11 and 853 locations. Anyone live in Florida? :D

http://news.walgreens.com/fact-sheets/store-count-by-state.htm

http://www.walgreens.com/storelistings/storesbystate.jsp?requestType=locator

That's great to hear, I was just venting some frustration at my experience going to11 different Walgreens in my area over the past couple of days. None of the eleven had them, and each one I talked to had an answer of either "what's on the shelf is all we have". " I don't know" " try back in a couple weeks" or "we always get the exclusives a month late". One Walgreens had a friendly employee who checked in the back for me but with no luck. When I checked after the Force Friday event, which you think would necessitate a reset I was severely disappointed. I'm done just going to these places. I suppose I could try calling ahead, but I'm not sure how concerned the employees would be over a phone request for toys after talking to most of these people in person and not getting much help, Perhaps I should just wait for Luke.

Florida represent! We've won the bragging rights for the most Walgreens!

I found them a week ago - if I had thought so many people would have trouble finding them, I would have picked up extras. I was actually pretty happy with my Walgreens experience- I had to drive to a farther store, but they had them out on the shelves at least. The one thing I learned from the Pop Walgreens exclusives is that you should always ask for the manager- they are much more likely to know what they have in their store.

Bad:

Be careful with Groot's feet. Both of mine had stuck foot legs which resulted in one ripped off foot peg and one near miss.

Good:

I also have a Spidey 2099 with the face tampo'd on the back of his head but not red. It looks pretty neat!

Bad:

Kinda disappointed that Hulk and Groot have no tempo design on their backs. Also that the trend of no 360 webbing on all of Spidey's red parts continues. It's been going for awhile but I still dislike the trend.

Good:

I think the colors and designs really pop with this series. They look terrific in package and out on the shelf. Lots of playability for new customers, I hope.

I went to the Walgreens across the street from my house early this morning a girl was doing the reset and I saw the shelf and tag where the minimates were going. I asked if they got any and she said oh sorry sir I just started this morning and I'm just stocking everything right now. They might be in one of the boxes I haven't stocked. And she apologized again. I said no problem didn't mean to rush you. She only had 3 small boxes left so I just went back about 10 minutes ago they were all stocked. I picked up a Starlord set and the two Spidey Venom sets. Love then Venom. Held off on the Electro Spidey and Cap hulk sets

Edited by EricM

Wave 1.5 is slated for December. I assume that distribution and quantities will be the same, and not just sent to certain stores, but I will see what I can find out. I do not know how they will be handled at stores that still have a set or two of Series 1. Series 2 does not have anything resembling an army-builder that I can recall, but it does have a few outfits that have never been made before. Two Avengers sets, one Spidey, one GOTG.

I'm Gonna say the sets for series 2 are:

Gamora/Drax: One GOTG with this modern version of Drax never made before

Doctor Octopus/Power Man: Doc Ock is a re-occuring villain to my recollection and neither of these outfits have been made before

Black Widow/Iron Skull: I think the Skull still has his version of the iron man armor in the Assemble cartoon so that counts as "never made before"

Falcon/Iron Man: It's an easy way to round out the team, and I quite like Falcon's costume in the show......because it's the classic look....

I'm Gonna say the sets for series 2 are:

Gamora/Drax: One GOTG with this modern version of Drax never made before

Doctor Octopus/Power Man: Doc Ock is a re-occuring villain to my recollection and neither of these outfits have been made before

Black Widow/Iron Skull: I think the Skull still has his version of the iron man armor in the Assemble cartoon so that counts as "never made before"

Falcon/Iron Man: It's an easy way to round out the team, and I quite like Falcon's costume in the show......because it's the classic look....

Not a bad line up, but I would guess noir spiderman over power man. I am also hoping for a squadron supreme member.

We all would, but I think that this is more marketable. I'd wait and see how the Squirrel Girl/Man-Thing 2-pack does before I started cranking out second tear characters like Squadron Supreme. Even if two esteemed members had an episode on the show each.

And by the way, why are the characters who prominently use firearms, like Agent Venom and Crossbones, getting the shaft on guns? I see the ML Agent Venom loaded with weapons along with a Master Chief figure from Halo sporting a plasma rifle warming the pegs at every Walgreens in my area! Can someone explain this to me?

Edited by NerdyTrev