UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

youbastards, your new icon is amazing. He looks like he has been usin' them AAA battery late at night.

They are supposedly in stock at every Walgreens near me. I've gotta say, I really dig the Hawkeye/Bullseye pack. Probably my favorite of all the animated 'Mates we've seen so far.

You mean CrossBones?

Edited by Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the store locator lies.

I went today after seeing these "in stock" at my nearest store. Nothing. Had an employee check and came back empty. I was told this particular store doesn't get such collectibles in for a month after most others.

So, yay. They will get them. I guess. Someday.

I stopped at a store that the locator said had them in stock, nothing on the shelves but the employees were helpful. They looked the items up and the computer said they had 8 (I don't know if that's counting the sets or individual figures) they looked in the back since the truck had just come in that morning but didn't find them where new toys are usually stored. They said they didn't check all of the totes because there's 150 of them.

I used the store locator too and none of the stores that I went that stated in stock had any.

I had the same issue. I talked to one employee though, and apparently that store is moving stuff around and putting out new stock. I would assume some of the others are also. Probably have them out tonight, or tomorrow would be my assumption. GOnna hit some tomorrow and check.

I stopped at a store that the locator said had them in stock, nothing on the shelves but the employees were helpful. They looked the items up and the computer said they had 8 (I don't know if that's counting the sets or individual figures) they looked in the back since the truck had just come in that morning but didn't find them where new toys are usually stored. They said they didn't check all of the totes because there's 150 of them.

Same thing happened to me, but they offered to have stock check overnight. Got a call this morning, they found them and held them till I got out of work. I got everything but Cap and Hulk (Wanted it, didn't have enough for all of them since I get paid tomorrow, so I figure I'll just hope it's there tomorrow)

I had no prob finding full sets at multiple Walgreens in my area (& multiples of each pack) -- I only picked up one set tho. Are anyone else's Spideys like this? (Sorry for the crap cell pic.)

post-2123-0-33663800-1441246184_thumb.jp

Right away let me say that I love my lil derpy Arachnerd. But I have to admit that when I switched to this head, I momentarily paused to make sure it was on right-side-up. D'oh! smile.png

I tried looking online to compare pics (& couldn't find any), but is the tampo supposed to be this low? If not, then I'mna pick up another 2-pack.

EDIT: I found full sets late Sunday nite/early Mon morn. All of the store locators were spot on for me. No NBX in local HT tho. sad.png

Edited by homestar17

It appears that they may have them in their stock room but have not reset the sales floor so they have place for the. Thus they really aren't supposed to be out already. After all the one post in this thread did say they were to be released on Sept. 4 th, didn't it?

4 Walgreens checked, none of them had them out or had employees who had seen them. Heard a lot about store resetting as well. Every store I checked supposedly had them in stock. I'll check again this weekend, but kind of a hassle to go to all these places and come back with nothing.

Yes, the official date is 9/4. I'm sure a lot of stores weren't planning on resetting the toy section until that day, when they had a big toy reset planned for some movie or something.

Homestar, your Spidey is looking pretty good, from where I'm sitting. It's meant to be a "What the...?!" look, rather than a derpy look. Control art and a pic I took are on Facebook.

Yes, the official date is 9/4. I'm sure a lot of stores weren't planning on resetting the toy section until that day, when they had a big toy reset planned for some movie or something.

Homestar, your Spidey is looking pretty good, from where I'm sitting. It's meant to be a "What the...?!" look, rather than a derpy look. Control art and a pic I took are on Facebook.

Thanks, Zach! I don't use FB, so I forget about it. smile.png

I had to ask cuz I have the "derp" luck -- a hamster I had as a kid (who would run in his wheel & then stop so he'd fly out of it) got loose once. I thought he had run away & was sad until I saw that he had just snuggled into the carpet next to his hamster-castle.

Used the store locator and it said the Walgreens next to my LCS had them in stock. Walked in and found them on one of the pegs. So far the only drawback is that one of Spidey 2099's knees has paint locking the joint, otherwise, it's one of my favorite Mates now

I haven't made it back to the store that said they had 8 to confirm or not as it's in the next town over

Yeah, as everyone is pointing out, that Store Locator is pretty useless. Drove to 8 different Wal Greens in the last 2 days and nothing at each store, the staff were mostly helpful that I talked to, only 2 of them offered to check for me in the back but came back with nothing. Everyone kept saying the same thing, that they wouldn't put out any new toys yet until they redid the section and all said come back in a few weeks. One guy was pretty exasperated about the Walgreens Exclusives, I assumed he must deal with collectors all the time. Finally I stopped wasting my time driving around and called some other Wallgreens in surrounding areas and of the 20! in my area, 1 store that's 45 minutes away had a set that they put on hold for me. So yeah, I guess patience and persistence are the name of the game with these damn things. Also I need less annoying hobbies.

Well I finally found a Walgreens yesterday that had awesome customer service and dug a box out from the back for me. I have to say the Spider-man mate might just be my favorite minimate ever. I love the extra head it reall adds a lot of expression to the figure. Every time I try to cut back and stop buying minimates they seem to do something that brings me right back.

Well the silver lining in all of this is that it appears they will be available at every Walgreens, every store near me has them listed as "In Stock" even if they aren't on shelves yet. This certainly doesn't seem likely to be as frustrating as the Funko exclusives they had last year....

I stopped by a Walgreens this morning, knowing that they probably wouldn't have any Minimates for sale. They didn't. BUT, there were some terrific deals on discounted toys for young girls. I paid $1 or so for a Disney Pirate Fairy, about $1.50 for an Octonaut, and $3 for a fancy Doc McStuffins toy. Also, Halloween cereal was out! And not only that, but Count Chocula and Frankenberry rang up for .75! And they had some Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory trivia games marked down from $6 to about 50 cents.

Walgreens is frequently a great place to go for awesome deals on discounted merchandise, and today was a good day for that. I have two really nice Phillips and Sony Ipod docking stations that I picked up for about $20 a piece when they were marked way down at Walgreens.