UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is this wave 1.5 instead of 2.0?

Why not? :) But seriously, it may have to do with how Walgreens internally manages line refreshes and such. Instead of a slightly different assortment of Series 1, they get a 90% different assortment -- the regular Spider-Man comes with one different head, but is otherwise the same as Series 1. Series 2 brings back two Series 1/1.5 characters, but they are in very different outfits, and the other six are all-new for this line. I do not believe Man-Thing/Squirrel Girl are in Series 2 as it currently stands. Possibly Series 3?

Seems very early for package shots for something due in late Nov/Dec.

Is there a chance they will be out earlier?

There's a chance, but remember they still need to cross an ocean and go through two different warehouse systems. I think we had packaged samples of Series 1 in June.

For Coulson, it looks like the chest armor is reused from the Iron Man Space Armor, but with the detail on the chest filled in?

fig2134flg.jpg

Nice catch. I don't know how authentic it is offhand but it makes sense that SHIELD would be taking advantage of Stark's tech, whether he likes it or not.

My local Walgreens does not have this wave in stock, but using the store locator, I was able to track down a set @ the nearest store 45 minutes away. Soooooo I made a road trip. I found them hanging on an unmarked peg & was in & out in less than 5 minutes. Now all I need is for TRU.com to list theirs.

I found the wave Ultimate Spider-Man wave at TRU in Pleasant Hill, CA. I picked up the Nova and Carnage set.

Is the 1st Walgreens waved scheduled for early this month right?

I wish instead of the reddish jacket Starlord they went with his blue suit that he's used on Ultimate Spidey, Agents of SMASH and Avengers Assemble.

Well online it said they were in stock but the people in the store said they were not in yet sad.png

Strider how were you able to

Check it online? Sorry if it's a stupid question

Go back a page or two. I posted the link to the item on their site where you can check store inventory.

As for them only getting one set per store, I wouldn't worry too much. I know with the Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black exclusives they were restocking pretty well. I'd imagine they had to meet a minimum quantity to produce them so I don't think these will be that hard to find. Now whether you have to find them in your store or not is another story. But I think they will be plentiful enough once they hit wide release.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Wish I had never seen the store locator link, checked it Monday and it said all the Walgreens in the town 20 miles away were in stock so I spent my evening going to all of them only to be told they have no clue what I'm talking about. Out of the 6 stores only one employee was helpful, while another employee in another store told me they won't stock anything new until they sell all the items on clearance. This morning all 7 Walgreens in my town said they were in stock, so I made a run before work only to be told they have no clue and if it's not on the shelf then they can't help me. I understand that it isn't a toy store, so they don't know the product, but to be so unhelpful and to act like you couldn't care less about helping me is a shame. If it weren't for these mates I would never go back to Walgreens, out of 13 stores only one had an employee that actually cared about the customer.

Sorry to hear Santos. Despite having a tough time finding these at stores showing them as in stock, the majority of the Walgreens employees I've dealt with so far have been really helpful.

Only one employee gave me the run around, he said that they are most likely inventory that he got for Christmas and he can't put them out yet. I showed him pix of people finding them online and he told me that those stores were wrong to put them out so soon.