UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the walgreens website is showing that a particular store has them, but you don't see them, i'd def ask someone to check for you. the guy that helped me on Saturday, aside from being super dreamy, was very helpful and spent about 10 minutes digging in the back for me before he found them. he did mention that the toy section was being reset, so unless your local store has already done so, they're probably not on display yet. but from what he told me, their system said they had 4 in stock. i don't think he meant 4 cases, i think he meant 4 sets. so if someone comes along after you do and snatches them up, you're probably out of luck (at that particular store).

when does 1.5 come out? and can someone remind me who's in it?

Edited by CortherX

[...] This latest round of exclusives is mostly characters who have been/will be available elsewhere, presented in a different color/format, which hopefully takes the sting off.

Comic book Spider-Man 2099 confirmed! I mean, probably. Maybe. Most likely, right?......

I just meant we already released him, a number of years ago. I see no pressing need for us to re-release him any time soon, as he has no unique parts.

Well, yeah, when you don't use unique parts for a design that really needs them there won't be unique parts to use again later.

[...] This latest round of exclusives is mostly characters who have been/will be available elsewhere, presented in a different color/format, which hopefully takes the sting off.

Comic book Spider-Man 2099 confirmed! I mean, probably. Maybe. Most likely, right?......
I just meant we already released him, a number of years ago. I see no pressing need for us to re-release him any time soon, as he has no unique parts.
Well, yeah, when you don't use unique parts for a design that really needs them there won't be unique parts to use again later.

How about a new molded neck clip for his iconic torn web cape? That's a unique part that could be used again if anyone needs a torn up cape again.

I hope someone comes up with a nice web cape modification for 2099

Personally, I never thought that he needed a "cape". A modified Morbius cape/pair of "wings" would work far better IMO. Now, the one thing that "bugs" me, is that he's missing the blades on his forearms. Truth be told, I really think we should ge a comic version now. The animated one is nice and all, and I will get it when transactions are allowed again (who knows when though), but it's not my "ideal" fig. Just put him in ANAD wave and you're golden. Honestly, we do need an ANAD wave and I really hope we get one, considering that we won't be getting any FOX-Men mates next year.

I just want Spider-Man Noir, is that so wrong?!

Can't wait to get 2099.

I want him, too -- in the "noir-verse" color scheme.

Just give me a Spider-Verse-esque wave. One Spider-Man/Woman plus a villain. Boom, instant awesomeness!

Just ran to one of the seven Walgreen's in BLO/NO, IL.

I saw that the one closest to me had minimates in stock.

I got there and saw none, so I asked a very nice employee about them. She was willing to go in the back to look for them as they just came in this morning.

She brought out a very small box. This box only held four 2-packs. I was one of each of the four packs that Walgreens claims as exclusives. I bought all four of them.

Now the locator states that store is out of stock.

I will try another location as soon as I can but only two others had listed them as in stock.

-Hawkeye & Crossbones: Pass. I already have both anyway, so this is essentially a more "vanilia" pack of two already perfet mates.

-Spidey & Coulson: Don't care about that Spidey, but I want Coulson, so yeah, bought.

-Miles & Venom: I'd pass on this since I already have the original Miles mate, (and it's amongst my favourites) but this Venom could easily be modded into Gargan.

-Hulkbuster & Ultron: Depends on whether I buy this or the movie version.

Does the half mask spiderman come with a full mask also? I can see something on the side but not sure what it is

Probably. The description in the article says "with web line and interchangeable half-raised mask head" Wave 1 had two heads as well.

Does the half mask spiderman come with a full mask also? I can see something on the side but not sure what it is

Probably. The description in the article says "with web line and interchangeable half-raised mask head" Wave 1 had two heads as well.
Duh. I totally skipped over all the descriptions for the pics

Thanks