UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone share the locator? I went to 4x Walgreens today with no luck

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/diamond-select-toys-marvel-animated-minimate-wave-1-assortment/ID=prod6285567-product

Just click on "Find At Store" and enter your ZIP code. To make it even faster once you get the list of stores click the box next to "See only stores that have it" and you'll only get results from stores that are supposed to have it in stock.

Edit: And yes that's the actual product page, not the "adult massager" search results.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

I found the TRU wave in San Diego. Carnage is my favorite, but I haven't opened them yet.

National City?
Carlsbad

Spidey is very nice, as is translucent Spidey. Carnage is Spidey, and is also nice, but I don't get the black hands or feet. Fury is solid. Nova isn't bad, and I hope we get Luke, Danny, and Ava. My favorite in the wave is Sandman, what an interesting costume. Does anyone else wish we could get a left handed fist or a right handed hammer?

Edited by Zak Katz

I wouldn’t put too much credit in their online stock notification by store. The first WG I checked today didn’t have any despite the online status. I had to describe what minimates were (of course), and after two trips to the back, he said check back Monday because their online stock is usually wrong. Second WG stop, found them. Had to describe as well. Only one case in stock. He said the same thing about the online status being a corporate problem they are aware of and it causes them loads of grief.

So, basically it’s just your everyday hit-or-miss out-of-the-way limited stock exclusives.
At least it’s not Hot Topic blind bag chase 1-per-case-per-store-per-mall.
I’m too old for the chase. I just want to exchange currency for product, at a fair price. Is that too much to ask?

Just picked these up using the store locator. I had to go to a Walgreens 15 miles away cause the one that is 1 mile away isn't cool enough to carry them I guess. They weren't on the shelves but a nice employee checked and said they had them in the back. He couldn't find them at first so he told me to leave him my number and he would call me once he had found them. Couple hours later he called and said he had found them, he said they were back there since last Friday's shipment. I told him I appreciated it and left with a big grin on my face.

They are still rolling out, so people may find them more close to home by this weekend.

As far as retailer exclusives go, I'll say what I always say, which is that if a retailer did not take an exclusive, that exclusive would most likely not exist. This latest round of exclusives is mostly characters who have been/will be available elsewhere, presented in a different color/format, which hopefully takes the sting off.

[...] This latest round of exclusives is mostly characters who have been/will be available elsewhere, presented in a different color/format, which hopefully takes the sting off.

Comic book Spider-Man 2099 confirmed! I mean, probably. Maybe. Most likely, right?......

So, basically it’s just your everyday hit-or-miss out-of-the-way limited stock exclusives.

I’m too old for the chase. I just want to exchange currency for product, at a fair price. Is that too much to ask?

So is there a Hot Topic exclusive for the Nightmare Before Christmas minimates?

[...] This latest round of exclusives is mostly characters who have been/will be available elsewhere, presented in a different color/format, which hopefully takes the sting off.

Comic book Spider-Man 2099 confirmed! I mean, probably. Maybe. Most likely, right?......

I just meant we already released him, a number of years ago. I see no pressing need for us to re-release him any time soon, as he has no unique parts.

So is there a Hot Topic exclusive for the Nightmare Before Christmas minimates?

Clown, torn Oogie, glowing reindeer.

I just meant we already released him, a number of years ago. I see no pressing need for us to re-release him any time soon, as he has no unique parts.

...Damn. Well, he is getting a new costume in his ANAD series soooo.....

Found this morning, thanks to the locator, one store out of 5 had these "in stock", sure enough one set of all four were there.

General notes being, the colors are vibrant, the additional alt heads were nice, like the hulk, the cap is sweet, and the new look on star lord is very nice.

I'm loving the flash

2311CCC5-BC1E-4A2A-A1E7-22B1556A7A24_zps

Now bring on dat crossbones!

Edited by Shortysben