UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There literally could not be a worse day for these to come out than Sept. 4! I'm going to be hundreds in the hole from Force Friday. No way I can shell out more for these no matter how much I want them. Looks like it might have to be a pass on these for me...

I guess this shows where my allegiance lies, but I would rather go out and get these on the fourth than the Star Wars stuff. Although I might still pick up something from Star Wars as well.

If Zach is around, you have alluded to a few series being planned out, are there any new characters planned that we haven't gotten in any form before, besides Squirrel Girl and Giant Size Man Thing?

There literally could not be a worse day for these to come out than Sept. 4! I'm going to be hundreds in the hole from Force Friday.

I've been a Star Wars collector since 1978. Thankfully, I've got most of the figures I really, really want. I got sucked into collecting The Clone Wars and learned a valuable lesson there so I've no interest in Rebels. If I'd known then what I know now, I wouldn't have bothered with the prequel toys either, as cool as many of them are. And as excited as I am for the sequels, I'm going to be very choosy about which – if any – I decide to add to my shelves.

For the most part, I'm a Minimates collector now. They take up a lot less room and are a lot more satisfying to collect, despite certain ongoing issues. If DST hikes up the prices and/or reduces the figures to five points of articulation, I'll probably start giving DC Collectibles all my money. Until then, make mine Minimates.

There literally could not be a worse day for these to come out than Sept. 4! I'm going to be hundreds in the hole from Force Friday.

For the most part, I'm a Minimates collector now. They take up a lot less room and are a lot more satisfying to collect, despite certain ongoing issues. If DST hikes up the prices and/or reduces the figures to five points of articulation, I'll probably start giving DC Collectibles all my money. Until then, make mine Minimates.

Even if they jack up the prices a bit, I'm still a minimates collector now for the same reasons. Make mine minimates!

I'm curious to see the price variance too, because the Walgreen exclusive Pop figures were actually $2 cheaper than the normal Target/BAM price. As long as there aren't any short-packed packs, I think they'll be relatively easy to find. The short-packing is what made the Pop vinyls nearly impossible to find.

Here's the photo from the facebook post. I have no idea what area these popped up in, but I'll be checking my local stores after work today to see if they're in my section of the West Coast...

IMG_8334.jpg

Edit: These were found in Virginia

Edited by Donny B

who is all in the Ultimate Spider-Man wave? I really want Howard the Duck and Dazzler!

MY BAD!

I thought all the mates in this thread were at Walgreens. Did not fully notice the tags on the first page.

I just hope I can get Howard the Duck and I hope for at least three of him if possible.

Edited by Captain Paco

who is all in the Ultimate Spider-Man wave? I really want Howard the Duck and Dazzler!

MY BAD!

I thought all the mates in this thread were at Walgreens. Did not fully notice the tags on the first page.

I just hope I can get Howard the Duck and I hope for at least three of him if possible.

Howard the Duck and Dazzler are in Series 64 at specialty stores later this year. They will not be at TRU or Walgreens, at least not in any current plans.

TRU 20 is ultimate Spider-Man/Fury, Ult. Carnage/Nova, Ult. Sandman/Stealth Suit Spidey.

Scored a full set at the Dickson City TRU here in NEPA. They were actually merchandised with the other Spider-Man toys. I was pleasantly shocked.

Any chance you can post some loose pics of these? We're dying to check out this wave that snuck up on us all. Edited by MINI_MYTE