UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't crazy about the Coulson in the Thor movie wave, and this one still doesn't feel 100%. That said, I guess I'll be that guy making excuses to stop into Walgreens and look for these. What's the window of release?

https://twitter.com/stevenganne/status/619969088266211328

Walgreens Marvel Animated Universe Minimates Series 1.5!!!

"Hulkbuster Iron Man/Ultron, Miles Morales/Venom, Crossbones/Hawkeye, and Spidey/Coulson!"

https://twitter.com/stevenganne/status/619969374288392192

"And a sneak peak at an upcoming exclusive - Fan's Choice winners - Man Thing and Squirrel Girl!!!!"

Crossbones, Miles and Hulkbuster are good retreads for people who didn't get the first version of them. So I'm happy for those people. :)

The rest leave me bored.

BUT! Squirrel Girl and Man-Thing are OUTTA SITE FANTASTIC CHOICES. So while others have their redundant Hawkeye and Ultron I'LL get Squirrel Things!

So when will we start seein the walgreens animated minimates 1.5 (which look Fantastic by the way!) if series 1 comes out in august?

At the panel I believe Zach said that 1.5 would closely folllow 1, in time for the holidays. The slide for series 1 said September.

I'm... Mixed on these.

On the one hand I do quite like how a number of them have turned out and want to get the new 2099 (shame he lacks the cape and possible some kind of claw hands) and Miles. On the other hand, as a UK based collector I have a feeling these could be a pain to get. Granted I do have a US based friend who I've mentioned my interest in these to but I don't know how good his Walgreens is so if he has little to no luck then I'll potentially have to deal with scalpers :/.

I'm... Mixed on these.

On the one hand I do quite like how a number of them have turned out and want to get the new 2099 (shame he lacks the cape and possible some kind of claw hands) and Miles. On the other hand, as a UK based collector I have a feeling these could be a pain to get. Granted I do have a US based friend who I've mentioned my interest in these to but I don't know how good his Walgreens is so if he has little to no luck then I'll potentially have to deal with scalpers :/.

You will probably have to rely on US members, but honestly, I've seen every one of the Walgreens exclusive Marvel legends and Walking Dead figures the past year or two so I don't think it'll much harder than TRU exclusives.

The only issue I potentially see is if Walgreens splits up the cases amongst many different stores, in which case, we'll all be trading with everyone to get full waves