UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

They look pretty nice, except for Rocket Raccoon because, well, you know. other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

That Cap is probably the best modern look 'mate for him yet. Hulk is great as well. I really like how the highlighting on all the Spidey figures turned out.

They do look different than the protos, even more animated in styling. I'm not a fan but I guess it's nice to not have to visit Walgreens looking for these.

Rocket looks good though.

I don;t think you ever saw protos, only photos of slides of control art. Electro might have been a proto, but that's it.

Sigh, so Electro will be glow in the dark. I'm not sure how to feel about that considering I was going to buy an extra to use the base to create a transformation version of the All New Bobby Drake. Still it might make for an interesting effect. Still, these are all must haves.

They do look different than the protos, even more animated in styling. I'm not a fan but I guess it's nice to not have to visit Walgreens looking for these.

Rocket looks good though.

I don;t think you ever saw protos, only photos of slides of control art. Electro might have been a proto, but that's it.

I guess I was thinking of TRU20 rather than the Walgreens wave. Either way the details seem a little sharper in the new pictures. I don't see the upside of taking this particular approach to the designs but they do seem to have come out looking exactly like they were supposed to, so that's a plus.

Sigh, so Electro will be glow in the dark. I'm not sure how to feel about that considering I was going to buy an extra to use the base to create a transformation version of the All New Bobby Drake. Still it might make for an interesting effect. Still, these are all must haves.

He'll be a little more blue, not sure how that will affect you. Although are you making a partially iced version of Bobby?

I've seen tons of Agent Venoms at different Walgreens, but I've never seen Moby Dick (White Fett). My mom found me one though, so nothing is impossible. Just don't pre-order. ;)

Edited by Zak Katz

I keep hearing horror stories about Walgreens exclusives. I only have two Walgreens stores near me. How concerned should I be?

Will these be another TRU issue, that certain stores aren't "eligible" and won't carry them?

What part of the country are you in?

I'm in heavens waiting room, and walgreens are a dime a dozen, let's roll them!

Edit: these also look a lot better than I thought

Edited by Shortysben

He'll be a little more blue, not sure how that will affect you. Although are you making a partially iced version of Bobby?

Yeah, though it'll just be a bit of parts swapping between Bobby and Iceman from wave 59. I'm still working on just how far along the transformation will be. Currently it's full lower body, forearms, and hands but I'm considering trying an asymmetrical look with one leg only transformed up to the knee.