UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach I know its probably still very early in development for the animated stuff but can you give us any insight as to what kinda accessories we can expect? anything close to TMNT wave 2 level?

Nothing will ever approach those levels.

Star-Lord has a gun and hair, Spidey has a web and an alternate head, nothing too crazy.

so I guess Marvel needs to make a cartoon starring Moon Knight, Man-Thing, Machine Man, and Misty Knight called the Marvelous Marvels so we can get some goddamned toys of them.

We made Moon Knight. I personally doubt we will ever make Misty Knight, but never say never. We made Avalanche and Destiny, and they didn't star in a cartoon. Although they have appeared in a few, because they're part of a popular corner of the Marvel Universe. Man-Thing and Machine Man are loners. Rebels. It makes it hard to find places to include them. Edited by DSTZach

Somebody mentioned it as a stealth suit, but it kind of looks like the effect for his spidey sense going off in the cartoon.

Really entertaining and on Netflix if you want to watch it. Lots of well done obscure villains getting screen time.

Thoughts:

TRU 20:

Spidey/Fury: That Spidey looks just how I always hoped the BO versions would turn out, so I must have it. Also, I don't have a Jackson Fury, so he's going to be a welcome addition.

Nova/Carnage: Pass. I already have Nova and by the time 62 rolls around 2 Carnages.

Stealth/Sandman: Easy pass.

Walgreens:

Hulk/Cap: YES! Finally a proper "classic" Hulk. 41 was my favourite but the clenched "fists" really threw off the whole design. This ones perfect! As for Cap, I used my previous Ultimate Cap for a custom so a new is welcome.

Spidey/Electro: Maybe. This Spidey looks surprisingly good, and this seems to be "Pure Energy" Electro.

Star-Lord/Groot: I passed on the movie GotG so this is right up my alley, since it looks more comic book-y. Let's hope that a Drax/Gamore pack follows.

2099/Venom: 2099 is a bit too cartoony for my tastes, but what are you gonna do? He's still awesome though, so I may just mod him a bit. Agent Venom looks surprisingly well made as well, and I think I like him a bit more than the original. I'll have to see samples but this 2-pack is looking great.

All in all, I thought that I could easily pass all animated stuff, but apart from one or two figs, I can't wait for the rest! Plus, we finally got a new 2099!

Only the Sandman interests me from the TRU sets.

From the Walgreens. The Spidey looks ok even if its just for the second head. Hulk could be a goto for a Comic version and I dont have a Groot or any GotG stuff so that could be a good one for me.

frankly that Star Lord is a better Pratt likeness than the one we actually got. Weird.

And hot damn does Vulture ever need a remake. Made once and in a box set where every figure except him was somewhat mediocre? Yeah he's due.

My main "problem" with that Nova is that it's just another Nova like the others. We already had two in a row... is that really necessary to have another one with few differences? Sandman seems to be the only one from TRU wave that I'm looking for. I'm also looking forward to seeing more pictures of 2099 Spider Man. I hope it's not so far from the comics design.

I was hoping Spidey 2099 would be a darker blue than what we see. I watched a few episodes with my son and I'm pretty sure he is a darker blue. I still love that we are getting him though, since he has been due for an update. I'm pretty sure we will get a bulked up Goblin at some point too, which should be cool. I know Kraven was in an episode or two that took place in the Savage Land so I hope we get a new Kraven too. Overall I am pleased with the animated minimates we have seen and can't wait for them.

I was hoping Spidey 2099 would be a darker blue than what we see. I watched a few episodes with my son and I'm pretty sure he is a darker blue. I still love that we are getting him though, since he has been due for an update.

Except now DST won't make a proper comic version with a web cape and arm spikes because "they just made one." I think it's worse than not getting the character at all. Eleven years later and it's barely an improvement.

Complaining about an updated 2099 figure? Poor Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Machine Man have NOTHING yet!

frankly that Star Lord is a better Pratt likeness than the one we actually got. Weird.

And hot damn does Vulture ever need a remake. Made once and in a box set where every figure except him was somewhat mediocre? Yeah he's due.

That Doc Ock is actually pretty excellent. You've just got to heat up those arms to fit them in the pegs.

Complaining about an updated 2099 figure? Poor Nighthawk, Hellcat, and Machine Man have NOTHING yet!

That Doc Ock is actually pretty excellent. You've just got to heat up those arms to fit them in the pegs.

Nighthawk has appeared in the Avengers cartoon so there is hope however slim yet. :)

If you think about it in a "Every figure except Vulture had legit QC issues" manner then yeah, the set was overall mediocre. And even Vulture had the weird ass wing coloration.