UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

6 hours ago, Heinous said:

Say what now? 

Over in the SDCC 2018 thread Zach acknowledged the issues Walgreens has had with all waves sharing a SKU and seemed to imply that they are working on getting mates available on the website. 

That said it sounds like it may also take time as Walgreens just bought rite aid stores and is working on improving their website.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

Been thinking a new thread for that may be in order?

I just came here to suggest something similar... maybe changing the name of this thread from "animated mates" to "Walgreen mates" since we now have animated, movie, and comic waves.

Secured the Collector/Enchantress/Kraven/Hobgoblin wave at a Walgreens nearest to my place. I actually gave up on finding these. It was the just the right place at the right time.

To all Floridians, they're out there! :D

Edited by iskopower

Just got this message from a friend of mine:

"I found a new set of mini mates at Walgreens this morn. Already sold 2 for more than double i paid

Starlord/collector spider/kraven enchantress/skurge hobgoblin/black spider"

Why are people paying so much for these?  Now we have people that aren't even Minimates collectors scalping these things.  ?

25 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Where did you get one of those?

I picked up a couple cans of Arizona iced tea (2 for $1!) and it printed at the end of my receipt. Glad I took notice just in case one of my stores restocks within the next week.

41 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I picked up a couple cans of Arizona iced tea (2 for $1!) and it printed at the end of my receipt. Glad I took notice just in case one of my stores restocks within the next week.

Well damn now I need to pay attention to receipts?!?

FYI. I went by one of the many Walgreens I have been searching for the new waves last week and talked to one of the workers there. They only had two packs on the pegs (old peg warmers) and none in the back but they saw that the warehouse had Minimates in stock so they ordered them for me and said they would be in this Friday. I swung by on my way home from work and both wave 8 & 9 were on the pegs so I was finally able to get the two sets I was after and one my kids were after (they just recently caught the minimate bug & I have been guilty of enabling them). I can try to swing by tomorrow and pick up the others to help people out if they are still there.

Anyway I just wanted to say it sound like 8 & 9 are in the warehouses you just might need to ask your store to order them.

Now if only I could find IW wave 2. I have to hunt down two sets of those one for me and one for my kids. IW is what sucked them in although now they really want more comic versions as well. According to them you can mix and match any of the pieces except mixing movie figures with comic figures. Their biggest beef though is that the good guys outnumber the villains (not just in Minimates it’s across the board with toys).

Not sure what folks are still looking for, but I found several wasp/modok sets, along with black panther/Whitney frost, spidey/screwball, and spider Gwen/jackal. There may be some other IW that I didn’t catch. If any of those are of interest, happy to pick them up for cost/shipping, just pm me. They were $8.50 each (in NYC so I think a little more expensive).