UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
Gmonkey2k

Animated Marvel 'Mates

Weird question... does the X-Men TAS and Spidey TAS fall under the animated license? 

13 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Weird question... does the X-Men TAS and Spidey TAS fall under the animated license? 

The 90's ones? No. It's just the more recent modern cartoons. I believe.

19 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Yeah that was a question early when the line began, it's only current running shows 

3 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

I'm guessing the hope here wasn't for different looks, but a chance for old classic comic accurate looks

Ding Ding DIng. Also a nice official release of Morph (or at least and X-Man team jacket and maybe some other missed characters or updated ones so that people that missed out on the 90's X-Men could get another chance,

I watched a few of the new Spider-Man cartoon and see that A.I.M. Troopers make an appearance, albeit in a more modern look. Under the Animated license, would it be possible to release the animated version with a pack-in “bekeeper” helmet for an alternate classic look? Or is the Animated line pretty much bare-bones?

7 hours ago, MrClean said:

I watched a few of the new Spider-Man cartoon and see that A.I.M. Troopers make an appearance, albeit in a more modern look. Under the Animated license, would it be possible to release the animated version with a pack-in “bekeeper” helmet for an alternate classic look? Or is the Animated line pretty much bare-bones?

We've included removable masks, but not really any significant costume changes 

Black Costume Spidey vs AIM Agent, with a pack-in alternate classic beekeeper helmet sounds like a well-selling pack. 

Interesting rumor popping up about the end of Marvel cartoons. https://www.cbr.com/marvel-reportedly-shutting-down-work-on-animated-series/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

take it with a grain of salt, of course. But if it’s true, I wonder how this would affect Minimates

Zach, I don’t suppose you have any light you could potentially shed on the situation?

I would assume that the end of any animated series would likely signify the start of another in the near future.
There has been some kind of animated Marvel property on offer pretty consistently over the last 20 years. I'm sure we won't go too long without something for Walgreens minimates to be based on. 

Maybe this has something to do with the Disney streaming channel. They would be launching during the next phase of movies.

This feels like part of Disney's overall Marvel reboot. With the Fox acquisition looming and the MCU in need of a fresh start, it's possible that Marvel Animation will be permanently shuttered with animation chores falling under the very capable Disney umbrella. Hopefully everyone involved in making these series successful will land on their feet.

As for Walgreens, if they can't have cartoon characters maybe they'd be willing to try a video game like Contest of Champions.

It sounds like they're still producing/wrapping up the seasons they're currently working on, even if their future beyond that is up in the air, so I'd think the minimates could stay afloat at least a little while longer.

Hopefully Walgreens has been doing well enough with them that they'll continue to pick some sort of minimates up, if not the animated line. We've already seen them dabble in a few movie lines.

In any event, I doubt it's the death of all Marvel cartoons, longterm, even if it is the death of Marvel cartoons as we currently know them. It's happened before, it will likely happen again. I look forward to the days in the not-too-far-off future when we might get a good X-Men cartoon again. Wolverine and the X-Men died well before its time.